Friday, March 27, 2015

2 Weeks? And Did Someone Say Pizza??? And Frittata?





Willy Wonka always says it best.   

I miss this little bloggy and need to make it a priority again.   Truth be told, I almost feel like Instagram is the new blog these days.     Not just for me but for lots of my old blog friends.     


Don't follow me on the Insta?    Here ya go, yo...



At any rate...  I'll be back as always.  Prommy.


Okay, lots to discuss.   


Did you guys miss the drawing for the winner of the 300th blog post?     I kinda did too...


Video is front and center on the Facebook page.      Oh and so is #runnerdog.  He clearly couldn't handle not being in the vid.     Cleary he's mine.


We've got a winner and she's getting a box of Spark (Mango Strawberry.... it's my new fave)




AND.... my jams....  Catalyst..




So yeah, these two go together peanut butter and a face plant.  




Let's talk about pizza....

Y'all know I also love trying to pretend like I'm eating real pizza when I'm not.       Check the Recipes tab for the other bootleg pizza stuff I've done.    So I feel like this is gonna be legendary.   




I found this recipe while I was stalking the inter webs for healthy pizza fixes.


I'll be drumming this up this weekend and it looks ridiculously easy.    The beauty of a frittata is that it's so easy to reheat, very portable, and a super easy, quick lunch or breakfast on the go.  #winning

The original recipe is here.    I'm making modifications as posted below.  


Pizza Frittata


12 Eggs
2 T Water
3 T Olive Oil
1/2 Bag Frozen Trifecta Blend of Peppers (Trader Joe's!)
8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
4 oz Turkey Pepperoni (chopped)
3 tsp Oregano
4 Garlic Cloves (Or a scoop of already minced from the jar if you're lazy like me)
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
8 oz Shredded Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1 C Sugar Free Pasta Sauce (I bought Trader Joe's Organic Marinara... Not totally sugar free but very low sugar and clean.)



Instructions


1.  Heat oil in large non stick pan

2.  Saute peppers, mushrooms, and turkey pepperoni for 5 minutes.  Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.  Stir well.  


3. Whisk eggs and water together.   Add a little more salt and pepper.   Transfer to pan.  


4.  Mix egg mixture as it cooks.   In about 2-3 minutes, it should be somewhat sturdy enough to support the pasta sauce on top.    Add pasta sauce and cheese.


5.   Remove from stove top and place in oven under broiler to brown the top.     Eggs should be done by this point, but if not, turn oven down to approx. 300 degrees and allow to cook for a couple minutes.


Soooo.....let's all make this and talk about it immediately. Wanna????  


This recipe would need to be avoided during 10 day cleanse but okay during Max Phase.   The concern is obviously the dairy.  However, per serving, dairy is very minimal.   I say appropriate for the Max.  


Hope you guys have an amazing Friday.  


Crossfit Open 15.5 for me!     Speaking of.... I'm working on a post on the Open, the products I used, and how I thought I could possibly die on more than one occasion.   #addicting   #dramatic #sorrynotsorry

Excited?



Laters Babes.






No comments:

Post a Comment