Friday, January 30, 2015

Your Typical Random Post and a Recipe




Ummm…. lots to discuss!


 1. Who has tried the Sassy Water recipe????



I just started day 3 of incoporating this into my world.   I'm kinda digging it so far.   It costs nothing to make, I feel "healthier" (placebo effect?), and am definitely feeling Hydrated, with a capital H!


So yes, interested to hear who has tried this concoction.



2.   Can we talk about a recipe I'm loving???



Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps




I was craving buffalo wings from the bottom of my soul.   It was either drive straight to BW3's and haus down before I even knew what happened…OR create something to slay the urge.






Ingredients:

*24 oz. of boneless skinless chicken breast
*1/2 onion, diced (I used red but I think white would have been better.)
*1 garlic clove
*1 celery stalk
*1 can fat free, low sodium chicken broth
*1/2 c hot sauce
*lettuce leaves (bib or iceberg)
*shredded carrots
*low fat blue cheese crumbles



Directions:

In a slow cooker combline chicken, garlic, broth, and onion.  Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours.

Remove chicken from broth.  Shred with knife and fork.  It should fall apart easily.   Remove approximately half of broth and discard the remainer.   Mix 1/2 of broth with hot sauce.  Return chicken and sauce mixture to slow cooker and cook on high for another 30-45 minutes.


Serve in lettuce leaves and top with your likings.  Obviously, I had no choice but to add low fat blue cheese crumbles.  

This was ridiculously easy and super satisfying.  

Do it up, yo's.



3.  24 Day Challenge Results





Just one little example as of late…. Hello, hotness.

Still contemplating the challenge?   I have new people starting all the time.   Whatchoo waiting for?   I'm serious.  



4.  I may or may not be doing this again in a hot second.



Training runs on the beach???   Yes, please.




5.  Some of my favorites around the webs this week.








Right???




Exactly.   This also includes but is not limited to posting them on the Instagram…




It's terrifying.






Oh ma word!     





And???





Be back soon.  Don't miss me too much.  Mkkkay? Thanks, bye.


xoxo

-AR



1 comment:

  1. What's the recipe for the sassy water?

    ReplyDelete