Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Bucks and Thai Curry And Coconut Turkey Chili. Yes, Please.



Y'all know I can't throw up a post without at least mentioning our beloved Buckeyes.   

Shum on!  




What. A. Night!!!   I was up way too late which equalled a slow moving day.   It seemed that everyone that I interacted with today appeared to be in the same boat.  A sleep deprvied city all around here in the C-Bus!  Well worth it to witness such an awesome sight.


Oregon fans, #pleasedonthateme,iloveyou


Okeeee….

The Challenge!  Where my party people!?  How we feeling?   According to the FB board, you guys are rocking!   What about the rest of you?  Lots of #allin-ers out there!




Dinner tonight!   



This recipe is courtesy of the Gracious Pantry and I've been seeing it all over the innerwebs lately.  



It's currently simmering and then I'm taking it to the dome like a boss.  Partly because I'm cold and this is gonna warm me up in a hot second.  

Obviously, pic is GP's and not mine.   Because obviously mine would look like the pic of a food blogger who was definitely getting fired in 5 minutes.  (see previous post).





INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 pound green peas, OR 1 cup shredded carrot
1 large, red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk



DIRECTIONS:
In a medium to large soup pot, brown the turkey in the olive oil.
Once the meat is browned, add in all other ingredients and simmer until the meat is fully cooked.



Super easy and it currently smells ridic.   I bought my light coconut milk at Trader Joe's but any typical grocery store will have it.   You're looking for the coconut milk in the can.  Not the milk container.  You can typically find it in the Asian food area.



What else?

If you follow me on the Insta, you know I'm currently in love with brussel sprouts.  So easy and quick and warm.  Plus, they take two seconds and make an awesome little snack.    I like mine extra crispy, per usual.



A little bit of olive oil (or coconut oil) in a pan.    A pinch of garlic salt, black pepper, and sea salt.  Fire that burner up and constantly toss.   You need a deep pan on you'll end up like Jessica Simpson on Newlyweds when she tried to make Nick dinner.   Hot sparks flying everywhere!


Just wanted to check in and tell you how pumped I am for all of you on the Challenge.



Ps-  I'll be at Advonation in Cincinnati this weekend!   I hope I see some familiar faces!


Night kids.




















No comments:

Post a Comment