Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Answers…. Part One



**Disclaimer…No idea why this post is filled with different fonts and sizes.  It's making me homicidal and I can't fix it so #lovemethroughit.



Soooo…...You guys are awesome.   And I legit love your questions.   Partially because a lot of them made me think.  Big time.    

 But mainly because I suddenly feel like we're all kinda one big happy family here.    A family who doesn't take themselves all that seriously and at the end of the day we're just real, normal people.        And we're young at heart and we're pretty goofy and really, we just wanna do what we love and half the time we don't even know what that means.    For all of this… 

#ithoughtilovedyouthen.



A common thread at the end of  a lot of the questions was "thanks for being an inspiration."   I was all like….

"who... ME?"

While I love that, I need to tell y'all that I'm just like the rest of you.   I am.
   Yes, I somehow do love to run and God blessed me with that.     However, at the end of the day, I'm the girl that wants to eat the whole basket of chips and salsa just like the rest of you.     But deep down I also probably want a donut on  the side.  
 I'll never hide that.      So yes, our struggles are pretty much all the same.     Sometimes I have to dig deep into my heart and soul to practice what I preach.   Anyone that knows me #IRL has witnessed it.    And for the rest of you, sometimes it's not pretty.     So #pleasedonthateme,iloveyou but I have great days of health and wellness and all the goodness and butterflies and stuff.    But listen up, yo's…I have trainwrecks too.      But perfection is boring.    And life is meant for living.  


I clearly digresssssss…   With a zillion S's!


Back to the questions.




Christine Writes: 

   I was wondering if you count calories (when you're not in Marathon training). Pre-Advocare I used to and since AdvoCare I haven't counted a calorie since February. My weight/inches has remained pretty consistent through the summer and it's been so nice not logging everything I eat. I do normally gain a few lbs during the winter and want to avoid that this year. This will be my first winter on AdvoCare products and pretty much following the Max Phase as my daily lifestyle. I guess I'm just curious what you do and what you recommend.


 And along the same lines, Nikki writes:
Do you use MyFitnessPal?



I do not count calories. I may be in the minority but I find that when I truly count calories, I almost get too obsessive and the whole thing ends up backfiring. Meaning, I start wondering when and how my next meal is coming and how that bish is gonna look. Then I wanna haus down on copious amounts of nut butter and well….I've used up my calories and feel like I can't eat again till Tuesday.

When I'm not counting calories and eating clean and basically just living my life…. I'm happier and healthier and stronger. While #iifym and calorie counting works for a ton of people (hey Lauren! hey girl, hey!) , it doesn't seem to work all that well for me. Life isn't one size fits all and ya gotta find what works. For me that's eating healthy, real foods as often as I can. Oh and working my boot-ay off in the gym, cuz I like dat shiz.





Whitney writes:


Hi!  So, my burning question for you is in regards to your success in Advocare.  I am a relatively new advisor with a strong, successful up-line.  That said, building a business in Advocare is not as easy as some like to make it out to be.  So, since you have found success in Advocare, what is the single most important thing you did from the starting line that you feel has directly led to your success?

Thanks in advance!  I do love reading your blog and following you on instagram and twitter as I also have a passion for running:).  God bless you for being an inspiration and motivator to others!



Ya know,  it's NOT easy to build a business.     It's not and I'll never deny that.    I think for me, I've been very true to myself from the beginning.   Honestly, I never wanted to do this as a business.    I was strictly a product user.   However, the better I felt, the leaner I got, the more I improved in my running, I couldn't help but share my story.   

Now it's become a very lucrative little side business.   
 If you speak from your heart about the products and your goals, people will never question that.   And if they do, move on.   They'll be the ones that are kicking their own asses for not staying the course 2 years ago.    


In regards to building my business, it's all about finding a few people who ultimately see the business as you do.   Which essentially is a real opportunity.     You won't get rich selling products.   You won't.  You need business builders.   Howevs,  to get the business builders, you need products users who love this shiz just as much as we do.


Oh and don't hesitate to call on your upline.   That's where you'll learn everything.      And they'll somehow teach you everything without making you feel like an idiot.    And you'll do the same for your peeps.  





Anna Writes:

I started to run about 3 months ago and do about 2-3 runs each week, ranging from 3-7miles each. I saw your Columbus Marathan pics and wondered what kind of socks you are wearing and how important they are when it comes to stability for your foot. I used to play soccer but had to stop due to a laceration of the capsule in my left foot. Ever since them I am looking for footwear or bandages to give me extra support. Anything that you could recommend? 

Thanks so much in advance

PS: I adore your strength and motivation, your blog has been a great inspiration for me :)


Believe it or not,  up until about 2 months ago I always  wore Target c9 brand super thin no-show socks.  Honestly, I loved them for years.   No problems to speak of.     However, the last time I went to buy  running shoes, those fools talked me into buying Balega's.  Ummm…yeah, I'm in.   Unfortuately they're $10 a pair and you have to literally stalk them in the dryer to make sure they aren't being eaten like all the other disappearing socks.   They do provide some slight compression, which I love.   They are amazingly thin and wick like no other.  Plus they're just a whole new kinda comfortable.   I do sometimes run in comptression socks, which I wore at the Columbus Marathon, and feel that they do aid significantly in recovery.  


If you aren't sure exactly what you need with your current situation, I can't recommend going to a running store enough.   They'll hook you up in 5 minutes and you'll wonder why you didn't ask the professionals to start with.




Rhianna Writes:




 What is your favorite TV show(s)?

Ya know, I have minimal time for TV these days and honestly, I don't miss it much.   In fact, if it weren't for my innocent small children, I'd probably cancel cable completely.   However, I watch the Today show almost every morning.  I love most of what is on HGTV.  I love some TLC nonsense.  My kids are obsessed with Extreme Cheapskates which is kind of our mindless, guilty pleasure.    I typically won't turn down a Real Housewives of wherever series.   I was obsessed with Breaking Bad back in the day.  I do love Orange is the New Black but I'm majorly behind.   Oh and Parenthood is pretty much awesome.

 How did you get turned on to Mizuno running shoes?

My love affair with Mizuno started way back in the day when I finally went and got properly fitted.   Every time I stray from my beloved Mizuno's, I regret it.   I get re-fitted every couple of years but somehow always end up in the Wave Rider.   #groundhogday

 How did you ever decide to start writing a blog....I'm a little obsessed with reading yours BTW.  

I had a blog way back in the day called The Perfect Balance, which was all about juggling being a new mom, working, and fitness.   I loved writing that blog but life got busy and I neglected it.     For me, writing the blog is a way to share the things I love, a way to document life, and an outlet.   I feel a sense of accomplishement here.   Not to mention, it helps to be stay plugged in with running, Advocare, and again, the things and people that I love.   I've met some great people who read this blog and I'm grateful for that.


What is your Advocare story....how did you get started, and how did you build your business to be at the Ruby level?

I answered a little of this above.   Really, it's all about believing in the products and figuring out your "why?" (why are you doing this business???  what's your goal?).   I've always had a passion for health, wellness, and fitness.  It was just a good fit and as my baby daddy always used to say….this business is truly a natural extension of who I really am.   
Since building a business, I do have financial goals that come with that.    I feel in charge of my future, both financially and on a personal level.   And that's a great feeling.   Will I ever quit my day job?  At this point, that's not my goal.   I love that day job of mine and I feel a whole different sense of gratification from that.   So yeah, we'll see but for now, I'm managing it all and feel at peace about that.

You can read a little snippet of the beginning of my story on my webpage.  




In the interest of not making this the longest post in the history of the world, I'll have part two up in a few days.  In the meantime, keep 'em coming if ya got em!
























2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jennifer!!!!! I love reading/following your Blog. You keep it very real, funny and tell it like it is, plus I love your style and your "Things You Need" posts. You are very motivational and inspirational.
    Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet #IRL at AdvoNation. In the meantime, stay warm. The Polar Vortex is coming according to Al Roker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Keep up with the fun posts!! Love the fun you put into them!!

    ReplyDelete