Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My StitchFix Review!








As you know, I finally caved to the StitchFix  phenomena.   I couldn't help it any longer.  I couldn't.  


The thing is, I'm usually an instant gratificication kinda shopper.    This pretty much goes against all of my shopping practices but something about it roped me in.   


If you're new to StitchFix, it goes a little something like this…


Step One:    Go online and set up your profile.  It's super fun and easy peasy and you get to answer a bunch of questions about what you like and don't like.  You look at a handful of outfits and accessories and say yada or nada.  Even if you aren't ready to take the plunge, create a profile.   Because it's fun and I'm kinda sad mine is over.    To create your free profile, go here.  


Step Two:    Schedule your "fix."   Scheduling your fix will set you back twenty benjanmins.   However, this $20 goes towards your styling fee and more importnatly is a credit towards anything that you happen to keep from your fix.    Either way, #winning.


Step Three:    Rip that box open like a kid on Christmas morning.  But wait, before you do that, post the sealed box on the Insta and proclaim to the entire first world that your StitchFix is here!  Oh wait, that's just me.   #predictable.


Step Four:     Try on all 5 pieces in the comfort and privacy of your own home…with your own shoes, accessories, etc.  Loved this.

It comes with a special little card like this, which gives you awesome ideas on how to wear your loot.  Absolutely loved this and will keep the card for further assistance.   A great reference to have on hand.




Step Five:     Log into your account and "check out."   Decide what you want to  keep and what you don't.    Give feedback about what you liked and didn't.  This helps your stylist figure out how to best suit your desires for your next "fix."  Within three business days,  put your rejects in the postage paid envelope and drop it in your nearest mailbox.  No big.


Step Six:     Strut your yes's like the boss that you are.




So what did I get???? 

  *disclaimer-  Yes I have bed head in all photos.    And no makeup.   #pleasedonthateme,iloveyou  Next time I'll get prettied up for said photos.


Here we go, yo.



1.   Moni Stud Detailed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse  - KEEP






Loved this worn as both a tunic and tucked.  I really have nothing similar to this so felt like my hands were tied in making this a keep.





2.   Alan Cowl Neck Asymmetrical Cardigan-  KEEP 









This is so soft and cozy.  I may or may not have already worn  it TWICE this weekend.  Once with leggings and once with jeans.   NO doubt this is going to be part of my fall/winter "uniform."     This is actually pretty versatile and I loved it open, partially zipped, and even fully zipped.



3.  Carson Houndstooth Print Blouse- KEEP






ps-  Check out #runnerdoggy sacked out in the background.  Love that #rd

Okay, so this is not something I would have ever picked out for myself.   When I first opened the box, I wasn't crazy about the color OR the houndstooth.  However, I tried it on and something worked.  It looks adorable under a blazer and I loved it with both jeans and work pants.   I had no choice.



4.   Jimmy Ankle Skinny Jeans-  RETURN









I didn't dislike these at all.   And really, the fit was great.    It's just that I have a zillion pair of dark skinny jeans and well, just didin't feel like I needed them.   #whoami?   I was tempted to keep though.  Not gonna lie.




5.  Jason Abstract Print Button-Up Blouse-  RETURN



This was the only real miss for me.  The sizing didn't work (which is why there is no pic)…I somehow looked like incredible hulk in this thing and was legit  busting out like a buttermilk biscuit.    It was quite comical.   I can't make this up.




So 3 outta 5 isn't bad.   I should also mention that if you do keep all 5 pieces, you then get another 20% off on top of the $20 styling fee deduction.   #winning



Overall, I'm loving this service and have another fix coming in 3 weeks.   Clearly you guys will be the first to see the goodies.


So join me in the fun.   Create your profile HERE.

Then come back immeed so we can talk about it.



See you cats back here tomorrow for some more shenans.








1 comment:

  1. Ok, not sure my other comment went through....

    Love that cardigan! And you have a rockin' bod and it's possibly I'm insanely jealous. Just sayin :)

    ReplyDelete