Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Well Shizzz…is it really mid June?


Howza bout a little "What I've been doing" and a recipe?


Let's talk about my last 10 DC…   Here's the deal.  It was needed.  And gave me a good reset.  And also forced me to make this recipe that I'm about to share in a hot second.


But secondly,  can we talk about my favorite quote in the history of the world?


I've been doing a little of this.  Or at least trying to.  This quote has always made me happy. Forever and ever, amen.




What else has been happening up in here?   We've been all kindsa wrapped up in summer shenanigans….swim team taking front and center.




Speaking of summer shenans,  the big one "ran" her first 5k this weekend.   Now when I say "ran" what I really mean is that she sprinted full throttle for approximately 50 yards, stopped and gasped for air for a couple minutes, and then rinsed and repeated this cycle for 3.12 miles.   As we all know,  my goal in life is basically to breed runners and hot sauce lovers, so clearly I'm happy as a clam either way. 






I've also been doing a lot of this….


 What you see here is your annual Summer Boardwalk   candle hoarding event that you've seen in these parts before.     I do feel confident that my stash will get me through till early Fall.  And for those of you that have messaged me on the Insta with SB sightings here in the 614…. #meloveyoulongtime.


I've also been participating in various random summer shenans, in general.



Fireworks, sprinklers, #diyabeetus, pool shenans,  parties,  popsicles…the things summertime is made of.



I've also discovered my favorite little "fake vacation" place in the 614.

Bel Lago, have you been here all along?   It's like you're not even in the C-bus...  But you are.


Patio is so cute.  And so peaceful.  614 people, if you haven't been here, you need to go asap.   






Okay, so let's get down to biz and talk about something healthy.

So my neighbor has been dabbling in the Whole 30.    She sent me this amazing recipe for Mini Egg Pizzas.  


The problem is, I had about 1/4 of the ingredients for the above recipe.   Instead of driving to the grocery store like a sane person, I needed immediate gratification and started throwing things in a skillet.  I've made at least 3 batches of these now and they have never failed me.  Oh and the 4 year old can not keep her paws off.


Pizza Egg Muffins



Per usual, feel free to stand by and admire my amazing photography skillz…

Okay, here's the deal, you can basically throw in whatever you've got.  Not even kidding. I've made these a couple different ways and somehow it's magical.       Here's what I had on hand the first time.  


Ingredients:


A dabble of olive oil
1/2 c clean marinara sauce (I used TJ's)
diced tomatoes
8 slices of diced no sugar added bacon
12 eggs
Italian seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
diced olives


Directions: 


-Heat olive oil in large, deep skillet.  I used about 2 tbsp.
-Add in chopped/diced bacon.  Cook until done.
-Add in marinara sauce.  I used this..

Hardly any shoog.  And awesome. 


Add in the rest of your non-egg ingredients.  For tomatoes, I used this.


Heat it all up, meld it all together.   

Slowly start adding your eggs.  

And stir.
Continuously stir.
Add in your Italian seasoning…
You can use the real stuff or you can use this.  I was forced to use this.   #pleasedonthatemeiloveyou



Let this all kind of hang out together and continue to stir.    You want your eggs almost fully cooked and slightly fluffy but not "done."   

Fill muffin cups approx 3/4 full.    

Bake on 325 for about 25 minutes.

These are an awesome breakfast or snack.   They are packed with protein so certainly have staying power.   And as mentioned above, the options are endless.  They are.


Before I peace out, allow me to leave you with this.     It's so us.  Us nut butter lovers.   It is.  If only.




Another recipe on deck!

Love you, miss you, mean it.





No comments:

Post a Comment