Thursday, June 19, 2014

Two Healthy Obsessions



What What?   Two days in a row.  Looks like somebody is back in bloggy biz…




First things first…I've been drinking this stuff like it's my job.  



 If it makes Bethenny Frankel fabulous, I'm pretty sure it's gonna do the same for the rest of us.    This stuff isn't new to me and I've always loved it.   However,  the fact that Target and my regular Kroger is now carrying it, basically makes all things right in the world.    


How's that for an obnoxiousness?   Literally driving around ON the job, drinking Kombucha like it IS my job.  Go fig.  

And look at the stats… Not bad.   Huge energy boost and it keeps me full, amongst a million other things.   If I were that boy on Silver Spoons, I'd be buying this by the case and drinking 2-3 a day.    The problem is, it's steep.  I'm talking $3-$4 a bottle.  




You can read about the benny's of Kombucha here.  





Secondly, I'm full on obsessed with this oh so delcious, yet oh so ridiculously easy and simple snack.


Crispy Roasted Chickpeas



To me, these are the equivalent of healthy potato chips.    Beware, though.  You are going to want to eat the entire batch.  Trust me.   Proportion these out.   As you know, we can't be trusted.   None of us.

 I've seen various recipes where people remove the skin.  Yeah, I don't do that.  Primarily because I need instant gratification and that would require one more step.


Ingredients:

3 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed like a beast)
olive oil
cumin
sea salt
black pepper
paprika
cayenne pepper



Directions:

Preheat over to 400
Throw rinsed chickpeas in a large bowl
Drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle with above seasonings to taste
Spread on baking sheet
Bake for 35-40 minutes, depending on desired crunchiness


Again, another recipe that you could completely freestyle and come up with a zilion variations.  Ya'll know I'm obsessed with cinnamon.  Definitely trying a slightly sweet cinnamon variation so stand by for deets.

Oh and definitely a 24 DC/ 10 DC friendly snack.   #winning #getthere



Laters, Loves!











3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back! I missed reading your posts! What is the serving/portion size for those chickpeas? Im def gonna have to make some this weekend! It's so funny you posted about this brand and flavor of kombucha! i just did a post a couple of days ago about this exact brand and flavor! if you have time you should go check it out, id greatly appreciate any feed back or really to just know on of my fav bloggers read something i did! Don't disappear on us again! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chickpeas look amazing! Will have to try them out for sure! Www.laurensalyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading more. I am currently scheduled for a mud run in DFW in Sept and I am gonna use this chick pea recipe if that cool with you!! www.24daychallenge.today

    ReplyDelete