Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday Sentiments…on Monday. And a Recipe for Good Measure.



Better late than never, no?

Weekened Workouts:

Friday-   3 mile tempo run, abs, shoulders, back, arms.

Saturday-  10 miles

Sunday-  10.5 miles


And now it's time to get serious…..   Serious about weather stalking.   One of my fave hobbies, as y'all already know.





It's race week up in here.    The problem is, Saturday is not looking great.   I've definitely raced in much worse but I'd prefer that the 30% part  would go away and I'd also prefer for that top # to read 65, which means the temps would be perfect at start time.

Howevs, it's Monday and we all know it's the Midwest and we could either A) get 10 inches of snow on Saturday.  or B) It could be 90 degrees and we are opening pools and fire hydrants. 

My point is, we've still got plenty 'o time to get worked up over this.



Weekend Highlights:


How cute is my littlest monkey with her dirt pie Sundae?




Oh and how cute is she with the best babysitter/nanny/preschool teacher in the history of the world?



I know I've talked about my girl Sophia on this little bloggy in the past.     However,  sometimes I just need to tell the world how much I love her.  She's pretty much my 3rd child, and pretty much a member of our little family, and my kids are kinda obsessed with her, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to survive a solid week without her.   So yeah, she's awesomesauce and she's all mine so don't be getting any ideas, 614 people.



Oh and a super fun surprise party in my old stomping grounds.    That would be the little cousin and my little mama.




Lots of time spent outside in the perfecto temps.   Some menu planning, some weekend shenans, and of course some Chipotle.  Cuz #dashowweroll.

Dudes, I got the hook up on this salad.     Totally 10 DC / 24 DC friendly.

Lettuce
Black Beans
Chicken
ALL the salsas
Gauc
Lettuce Topper


#legit 


Speaking of menu planning,   one of my peeps posted this on my Advo FB board and it's going down tomorrow.


Here is the original recipe.  I'm making a couple little modifications as follows in order to make it slightly more lean and 24 DC friendly….


24 Day Challenge Sweet Potato Casserole





Ingredients:

2 lbs. lean ground turkey or ground chicken
5 eggs
5 egg whites
3 large sweet potatoes
1 large white onion
1 large red onion
Cayenne
Paprika
Garlic
Black Pepper
Sea Salt
Coconut Oil or Olive Oil




Directions:


1. Peel your sweet potatoes and microwave them for 2-3 minutes to soften them slightly.
2. Slice your sweet potatoes into 1/8″ slices.
3. Dice onions into large chunks and add to the pan with the ground turkey/chicken.
4. Season the meat as you wish. I'm using cayenne, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.

5. Cook until meat is fully browned and onions are translucent. 
6. Beat the 10 eggs and whites in a bowl, blender, or food processor. Add some cayenne and paprika to your egg mixture.
7. Grease slow cooker with coconut oil, olive oil, or Pam.
8. Line the bottom of slow cooker with slices of sweet potato. Just enough to cover the bottom. 
9. Spoon in a layer of seasoned beef onto the sweet potatoes. 
10. Repeat until you use up everything.
11. Once you have finished layering, pour egg mixture over the top. This will sink through to the bottom. 
12. Cook on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours. Keep an eye on it and made sure the top layer of sweet potato was soft.
13. Serve and enjoy! Servings 7-8



Here's what I'm loving about this….
  I can definitely see myself eating  leftovers for breakfast.  Since we are dealing with good protein and a little complex carb action here, you will be full.   And you're blood sugar will be golden.  This I know for sure.


So stand by, because this is going down stat.   


Stay tuned for Tuesday Troubles tomorrow.   You know you miss it.







No comments:

Post a Comment