Monday, April 7, 2014

My Favorite Smoothie Recipes



Hello Love Lambs!  

We've had sun in these parts!  Not even kidding.  And yesterday…yesterday, we didn't even wear coats.  I know!  




Which brings me to my next point...


Let's talk about smoothies.  And all of the fabulous possibilites.    I LOVE to freestyle a smoothie.  I do.   If you follow me on the Insta (Advorunner), you have already seen a couple of my fave's.   




The smoothie above is one that I created in the fall when I was obsessed with pumpkin.  And cinnamon.  And fall.    Even though fall is but a memory, I still love this one. 


Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie

1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup pure pumpkin
2 scoops vanilla Advocare Muscle Gain
2 tbsp PB2  (you could also use 1 tbsp natty PB here but that will obvi bring up the calorie count)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1-2 packets of stevia
ice cubes
Blend and top with cinnamon

Roughly-  320 calories, 31 g protein, 11 g fiber,  very minimal sugar and carbs.   A fabulous breaky indeed.






Protein Packed Strawberry Beet Smoothie




2 c unsweeted vanilla almond milk
3 Trader Joe's beets
(Yes, you could use other beets but I wouldn't even know how to go about prepping a beet. Sorry, folks)
1 c frozen strawberries
2 c fresh spinach
2 scoops vanilla Muscle Gain


350 calories, 32 g protein, 14 g fiber




Chocolate Covered Cherry





This is my favorite smoothie in the history of the world.  Oh em gee.   It's like a milkshake.  But it's not.   Seriously, make this one stat.


1 c unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1/2 c water
2 scoops chocolate Advo Muscle Gain
2 c fresh spinach
1 c frozen cherries
1 packet stevia

300 calories, 29 g protein, 9 g fiber




Omega Coconut Smoothie




1 c unsweetned coconut milk
1/4 c unsweetened coconut flakes
1 c frozen tropical fruit
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut nut butter…be still my heart)
1 c Tuscan Kale (use fresh spinach if you're afraid of kale)
1 packet stevia

330 calories,  15 g protein, 10 g fiber…lots of other fabulousness, including omega 3 fatty acids




Classic Green Monster

pic source

LOVE a classic green monster.  The options are pretty much endless.   However, my favorite classic follows:


1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 c fresh spinach
1 frozen banana (the frozen part is very imporant)
1 scoop vanilla Advo Muscle Gain

200 calories, 17 g protein, 6 g fiber

Low cal.  Delish.  Easy. The End.



I would feel comfortable saying that these are all 14 Day Max phase friendly.   If you're craving a smoothie during the first 10 days of challenge, I would recommend leaving the Muscle Gain or protein powder out, due to processing, dairy, etc.   But on day 11, I say blend that baby up.  


There you have 'em.  My fave's.  Which makes me want to immediately go mix up a cholate covered cherry.   It's the right thing to do.


See you guys back here to tomorrow for Tuesday Troubles.  The bloggy is back in action!


2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite smoothies is red currant strawberry smoothie smoothie recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mango flavor was spot-on, and I loved the addition of kale and almonds. Detox Smoothies

    ReplyDelete