Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunday Sentiments/ Weekend Wrap Up/ Weekly Dinner Menu



How's that for a title???




It's Monday!  Better late than never, no?

Weekend Workouts:

Friday-  3 miles and Crossfit
Saturday-  3 miles, 15 minutes on the guillotine, and 10 min. on the elliptical.  Followed by the most glorious foam rolling session in the history of the world.
Sunday-  8.5 miles and more foam rolling.   




The weekend kinda started on Thursday with a casual little birthday party for some girls in the 'hood.  Also known as my 'nabe's.

Birthday girl #1.   Basically drinking beer from a thimble, if you will.    Cuz she's showy like that.   


Just a little impromptu makeup sesh.  No big.  If you know me #irl, you know that if I think your makeup needs a little somethin' somethin,' you know I'll bust out my bag 'o tricks on a dime and start applying.    So yeah, needless to say, that happened.




Friday night the 7 year old peformed in the elementary school talent show, which was all kinds of cuteness and comedy.     She and the 'nabe choreographed their own little get up to Taylor Swift's "Mean."      We couldn't get enough.

All business, folks.





This was followed by Jets pizza for a house full  and these delicious cookies.

If you've never had a Dorothy Lane Market almond sugar cookie, you aren't living.   Dorothy Lane is a fancy little grocery store in the Dayton area.   My mother in law happens to have a fab little connection there and always delivers.   These cookies are insane.









Saturday night was pretty legendary.    As ya'll know, I teach at Title Boxing Club.  One of our trainers just so happens to be a professional boxer.   He was going for a pretty big title on Saturday night and deliver, he did.



Pre- fight pics…









Immediately following the fight.   'Twas cray cray.   I suspect there were lots of people with no voice on Sunday from screaming.  



Sunday was the normal family/ household shenans, followed by another trip to what I'd consider our new BW3's....   Average Joe's.         3 1/2 year old was thrilled as they have what she calls "hot dog popsicles"  (aka corn dogs) on the kids menu.    I spent my time lusting after what someday will be mine.  The PB&J Burger.  #dontjudge



Yes, it will.   And you guys will be the first to hear every deet.


Let's get down to biz.


The Weekly Menu


Tonight's din din got put off till tomorrow as I ended up at Chipotle with the monkeys.

Here we have:

Chipotle Salad

Lettuce
Black Beans
Carnitas
Salsa's (hot, corn, mild)
More Lettuce




Tuesday





'Tis time again.   I can't remember if I told you guys that I toss the hot sauce at the very end due to the kiddos and their lack of love/desire for hot sauce.     Meaning no hot sauce, add marinara.   #shortordercook #fakespaghetti


Wednesday

My girl Lucy gave me a pack of fab recipes today from the book Practical Paleo.   Remember how I said those crazy Paleo folks eat pretty similarly to us Advo folks?   Well it's true.


Pretty sure this is gonna be legit.


Chinese 5-Spice Turkey Lettuce Cups




source


Ingredients:

2 tbsp coconut oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese 5-spice
2 tbsp coconut aminos (you NEED this.  can be found at Whole Paycheck, amazon.com, as well as the gluten free section of some regular grocery stores)
sea salt/ pepper
1 head of butter or bib lettuce.  Iceberg if you're lazy.

Sauce Ingredients:

2 tsp almond butter
2 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tbsp sesame oil
sesame seeds (if desired)

Toppings:

Anything from shredded carrots, cilantro, bell peppers, cucumber, cabbage, etc.   Play around with it.


I'm super pumped for this one.    Obvi this will be on WIAW, so stay tuned.  And obvi, my pic. is gonna look just as beautiful, if not better, than the beauty above.   I kid.


Thursday


Marinated Greek Chicken Skewers




source


I'm likely going to have to make this on the Georgey (Foreman, that is) since it's pretty much 0 degrees here.   However, this looks so easy and delish.   Obviously the recipe had me at Greek.  I may or may not have to add a tiny bit of feta, since I was supposed to be Greek anyway.



Friday


Free For All/  Leftovers/  Dinner Out (most likely option).



See you back here tomorrow for my little theory on the scale and why we basically don't need 'em.

Laters Taters.







No comments:

Post a Comment