Thursday, February 13, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday…And Some Other Stuff, Per Usual.



Hey Loves!  I know it's Thursday but let's take a look at how my day went down yesterday, mmkay?


The day started like any other.

Spark and Catalyst at 5 a.m.



As you know by now, I accidentally took a stiff drink of the Crossfit kool aid.

I Spark/Catalyst-ed myself up, got dressed, and off I went into the tundra. 

Oh Mylanta.  As a pretty new kool aid drinker, I nearly stroked out when I took a look at the WOD.

I mean?….


Granted, I survived, but it wasn't pretty  So here is the problem with Crossfit.   While I love the supportive environment and absolutely LOVE the workout, I'm realizing that I will nearly break my knees and the knees of my loved ones in order to beat their time on the WOD.  It's a problem and I suspect a real personality flaw on my part.   Can someone fix this about me?  Anyone?

Here's a text exchange between myself and my dear friend…we'll call her "S"

I went to the early  morning class, she went to the noon class.

Me…"On way home. Holy Crap! Check out the WOD!" (I send her above pic).

S- "I CAN'T look!   Going at noon and I'll take my name off list if it looks too hard!"

Me-  "Do NOT take your name off. You can do it!  It was awesome!"

 S-  "Holy hell! 19:23, Thank you very much!"   

(she beat my time by 46 seconds!)

Me-  "Awww SNAP! Don't make me seriously go back to the 5:30 class and BEAT that shiz!!"


You guys, I was seriously tempted to go back.  I was.  Crossfit kool aid drinkers, tell me I'm not the only one.



Back at the ranch, I had my before breakfast pack of my MNS 3, threw down a Think Thin bar, a dip or two in the almond butter jar (nothing to see here…) and a Rehydrate (forgot to take a pic!). 






ps-  I basically can not have this brand of almond butter in my house.  I've bought it on a whim when I can't make it to TJ's,   The bottom line is, every time I make this mistake, I'm face down in the jar way more than I should be.   'Tis true. 



Before lunch, I had the MNS "before lunch" pack (see above) and then got down on one of my faves.  Mediterranean, obvi.


Chicken Shwarma, beautiful, gorgey beets,  a blob of hummus, and a side of veggie/ lentil soup.  If I were going to the electric chair, this would be on the top 10 list of meals to consider for my last.  It would.





While on the road in the afternoon, I had Spark/ Catalyst #2.  No selfie this time.  I realize they're much more entertaining for me than you.   But at any rate, sorry friends.  



When I got home, I made a super legit snack.   I really haven't eaten much dairy at all over the past couple of years,  However, lately I'm craving Greek yogurt.   Not daily but enough to justify keeping a few containers on hand.  

I mixed up a serving of 2% Fage, 2 tbsp PB2, and a sprinkle of dark cocoa powder.  SO delish and decadent.  Approximately 200 calories, which is amazing for such a filling snack. 




And let's talk about dinner.

Remember how I said I was making this?



Well, I did.   However, after reading the original reviews, it seemed there were a lot of complaints about the original dish being salty.   

So I kind of adapted this recipe, based off the original.



Here's what I did:

Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash

Ingredients:

2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 large spaghetti squash
1 bag carrots
2 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
1 tbsp onion powder
1/2 yellow onion
2 tsp minched garlic
Sriracha to taste
Green Onions to taste
Blue Cheese
3 tbsp Coconut Oil



Directions:


Cook squash in the microwave.   I cooked the squash exactly the same way that I do for the "pizza" bake.   So easy and basically foolproof.

As the squash is cooking, melt coconut oil in pan.  Add cubed chicken, sea salt, pepper, onion powder, onion, and garlic.

Cook until chicken is clearly done.   Turn heat to low.  

In a separate bowl, grate bag of carrots with carrot peeler or veggie slicer.  I wanted the carrots thicker.  However, you could definitely but a bag of shredded carrots and call it a day.

Remove squash from microwave.  Let cool.  With large spoon, remove seeds and scrape "noodles" into large bowl.

Remove chicken from heat.   Toss in as little or as much sriacha as your little heart desires.  I split the chicken into portions as the kiddos ate it too and I knew there was no way they going to be agreeable to a sriracha-based dinner.   

I used approx. 2 tbsp on my serving.



Layer squash, carrots, sriacha chicken, green onion, and top with blue cheese.


As always, feel free to step back and admire my exquisite photography skillz.   



 Ummm…Holy Crap.    So delish.   The thing is, we are obsessed with anything buffalo up in here.  This dish totally hit the spot, with just a fraction of the fat and hardly any carbs.

So yeah, as always, make this stat.



I'll see you guys back here tomorrow for a little V-Day Love!  





2 comments: