Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday Troubles and Pesto Chicken with Pine Nuts


Stealing my girl Jen's button for some Tuesday Troubles.   Clearly not #firstworldproblems, but still….



1.  By now, you know how I'm pretty much obsessed with the weather (amongst other things.)  But…this is getting  ridic.   I mean…it has it's own name and everything.  I thought this type of seriousness was only reserved for hurricanes.

Oh and I'm supposed to fly to Chicago in less than 48.  So there's that.   Nika, be gone.  There's nothing to see here.




2.   The Bruno Mars halftime performance has sprung me into a legit full on obsession with his song,  Young Girls.  Like, can't stop listening.  Yes, I know this isn't our first rodeo but dang...  This song be awesomesauce.  Did I mention that he didn't even perform this song during HT?   I'll admit that an obsession was brewing prior and this is all it took to throw me into full fledge obsession.    We're talking 1D- type obsession. 




3.  Everyone's adorable,  homemade classroom Valentine's Day cards on the Insta are totally stressing me out.  I mean, it's only February 4th.  Could you be a lamb and go ahead and stop posting those?   #pleasedonthateme,iloveyou.




   
4.   We "bootlegged" (yes I know this may or may not be a real word) the Frozen movie and now we're blocked from all future viewing pleasure!   Did we use up all of our illegal views?  What's happening?    Can someone please explain how and when we are all going to jail?    I know we aren't the only ones.  This is a deffy #facty.   In other news, The Nut Job is free for round the clock, illegal and unlimited viewing pleasure.  








Enough of my #FWP's.  Let's talk about my awesome dinner.

 If you are on the first part of the challenge, also known as the 10 Day Cleanse, make sure you do not use the parmesan and watch your pine nuts, as they are high calorie. However, I would definitely be okay with this during the Max phase of the 24 Day Challenge or of course, maintenance.  



Pesto Chicken with Pine Nuts





Ingredients:


1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins  (you could use breasts too)
Fresh Basil
Small bag of pine nuts
Fresh Parmesan
Trader Joe's all purpose seasoning (obsessed)
Jar of Pesto (I use TJ's)
Sea salt
Black pepper
Cherry tomatoes
Fresh spinach
2 tbsp coconut oil

* All spices are to taste


Directions:

In a large pan, heat coconut oil.   Add thawed chicken, chopped basil, TJ's seasoning, salt, and pepper.    Place lid on pan until chicken appears cooked through.   Drain remaining liquid.   Reduce heat.   Add pesto and more fresh basil (if you're addicted like me.)  Simmer for approx. 10 minutes.    Add pine nuts and remove from heat.   Place on bed of chopped tomatoes and spinach.   Sprinkle with fresh parmesan if you aren't on the cleanse or are just jonesing for cheese in general.  






This is relatively clean, super easy, super quick, and DELISH.    Clearly, you need this on the menu within the next 72.   

See you cats back here tomorrow!








1 comment: