Tuesday, February 25, 2014

No Bake Energy Bites and My Current Obsessions



First things first….

My friend Seana discoverd these awesome oatmeal energy bites on the Pinterest.  Of course this resulted in a bunch 'o talk at the gym about said energy bites and the possible variations.     The original recipe is this


I kind of played around with the above recipe and came up with a seriously delish variation myself.  Which is legit.  My offspring as well as the husband are all already hot to trot on these.   This tells me I'm gonna need to make another batch, stat.


No Bake Energy Bites

Ingredients:

1 cup of Gluten Free Rolled Oats (I get these at Trader Joe's)
1/2 c Almond Butter
1 c Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 c Ground Flaxseed
1 tsp Vanilla
1 100 calorie Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar (smashed to smithereens)
Splash of Unsweented Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 Tbsp. Melted Cocunut Oil
1 Tbsp (or two packets) of Stevia




This took all of 10 minutes.  

1.   Mix said ingredients.  
2. Roll into 1 inch balls.  
3. Layer onto wax paper. 
4. Place in a sealed container.  
5. Freeze. 

   These also work in the fridge but I don't really trust myself all that much and figured it would be more difficult to pop these like popcorn if I kept them frozen.   

Honestly, you could play around with this a zillion different ways, which I can't wait to do.  The bottom line is, they are awesome in curing a sweet tooth and overall, they are pretty clean.

If you are on the cleanse, subtract the dark chocolate and one or two of these per day, would be a cleanse legal snack in my opinion.






It's been a second since I've shared my current obsessions.   


Here we go, yo.


1.   This show.     Nashville Wives.   Which just so happened to premier last night.


Nothing not to love here.   Mindless trash tv.   Basically a "private" look into the glamorous lives and #firstworldproblems of the Nashville wives of country music stars.   I mean????  This may be my new RH's.




2.  Speaking of country music.  Obsessed with these songs.   Yes I like "regular" music too.   We all know this, hence my playlists.   However, you know the line…you can take the girl outta the country but you can't take the country outta the girl.   #facty


Thomas Rhett- Get Me Some of That



Tim McGraw- Lookin' For That Girl





Scotty McCreary- See You Tonight




Dan+Shay-  19 You + Me

Download this one and just try not to sing this at the top of your lungs in the privacy of your own sled.  Dare you.





3.   Crossfit

Crossfit friends, I'm sorry I made fun of you.  I really am.   However, I take it back and this shiz is no joke.  I've been sore for 3 weeks straight, which never happens.  Plus, I feel like I'm gonna die (in a good way) after every workout.    This kind of reminds me of the time I had to eat crow when I put the Adocare sticker on my car.  


You were right.  I was wrong. The End.





And did I mention that Crossfit World Champ Rich Froning is an Advo endorser???  Cuz he is.


I've posted his exact products on my Insta page, if you're curious.




4.  Quest Bars

Like I said last Wednesday….I really wish Advo was responsible for this geniousness.   However, I don't discriminate and these are so legitimately delicious, it's not even funny.  My kids have now discovered these and let's just say they are in the best undercovering hiding spot ever.   Possibly better than anything Heisenberg could have even drummed up.  Neighbors, you'll never find em.  



5.  This quote.   So my dear friend Molly just got back from Costa Rica on an amazing yoga/spa/awesomesauce retreat.     She posted this on her FB page from said retreat and I love, love, loved it.  And you will too.



Right????



6.  Trader Joe's

Nothing new here.  If you follow me on the Insta, you know I already posted this today.




My current TJ's faves. Some old and some new.  The GF oats and the chocolate bar mini's were in tonight's recipe.  Stay tuned for another TJ's recipe involving recent purchases later this week.



S'all for now.  See you cats back here tomorrow for SWW (it's back!) as well as the winner of the Spark/ Rehydrate contest.

Laters Babes.










No comments:

Post a Comment