Monday, January 20, 2014

Who Wants to Run the Capital City Half Marathon for FREE?



Have I told you guys how much I LOVE this race?!   Cuz I do.

The bottom line is, I love a good hometown race and this one does NOT disappoint.    I run it every single year.  #facty.

Some of the running posse and I from last year's race.



This race is amazingly well organized.  Oh, and it's a fast, fairly flat course.   Oh, and the weather is typically glorious.  Oh, and they give you copious amounts of champagne at the finish.   Oh, and there is a fabulous, fun band at the finish.   This guarantees that you'll be breaking it down appropriately within about 30 minutes of crossing said finish line.

I mean????    We don't hate it, that's for sure.



So yeah, this is a fun race and me love you long time.



Here's the good stuff.  The awesome race director over at Capital City Half Marathon  has generously offered one bloggy reader a free entry.  This is a $90 value.   This race WILL sell out.   If you're on the fence, either enter the contest and hope for the best, or register asap.   Either way, you're gonna need to join in the fun.  This I know for sure.


The good news is, it's only January.  If you don't feel race ready, we have PLENTY 'o time, friends!  Plenty of time to get pumped and plenty of time to train. 


Contest starts tonight at midnight!    Winner will be posted next week.   Be there! 





26 comments:

  1. I ran the Nationwide Children's Half in October and LOVED it and ending a race with champagne is the only way it could be topped! Pleaseee pick me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck girly! The champs is an amazing added touch. :)

      Delete
  2. Jen, you inspire me like no other!! I've never run a half marathon but really want to give it a shot :) Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, that is such a nice complement. Good luck, girly!!

      Delete
  3. If I win, I'm committing to training and running! Chaz will be so happy but slightly miffed that your contest got me to commit and not his encouragement alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley!!! He would!!! Either way, I'm thinking you need to commit! :)

      Delete
  4. I would LOVE to run this race and considering I have no other races scheduled for May.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on changing my life, inside and out. One of my goals right now is to run a half marathon this year! This is going to be a stretch for me, but I've already started training and I know I can do this!! I would LOVE to run this race!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! Either way, you CAN do it! Commit and it's yours!

      Delete
  6. I have been going round and round with a list of races I want to run this year. If I had a million dollars... :-) The Cap City half would be perfect since parts of the course are already in my normal running route!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is on my goal list for 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, no brainer! It's your welcome back to Ohio race!

      Delete
  8. I want to win because I ran my first half marathon in Pittsburgh last year and while I realized at mile 8 that I had not trained nearly enough, and I cried when I saw my kids at mile 13, and I cramped at the finish line, I laid on the ground at Point State Park crying and also telling my husband to sign us up for another one. So he did- we are running the Flying Pig in Cincinnati….and I was training with T25 and running and doing well until I fell down the steps and sprained my ankle. I've been down and out for a week and am feeling flabby fat and lazy. Having this as a goal will help my determination :) #thanksforlistening #betterhealquick #shaunTmissesme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #shuanTmissesme. Awesome! :) Good luck!

      Delete
  9. I want to win because I didn't put that race on my schedule and money is not allocated in our budget at this time. I have heard this is an awesome race, we just moved to the area over a year ago and I had a baby!!!!! I am ready to get back out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to WIN!!!!!! Have not ran in Ohio - and would LOVE to try and meet Jennifer!!!! for a photo opt!!!! That would be AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would LOVE to meet you too!! Good luck! :)

      Delete
  11. Yaya!!! I wanna win and run! My parents live in Marion so wouldn't be too far away. Ran my 1st half marathon last year in Louisville and I'm hooked. I have been using advocare since October and pumped to see what the difference is this year in my runs:) Woot Woot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Girl! Marion is just a hop, skip, and jump!

      Delete