Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Sentiments and a Stolen Recipe



Is the weekend really over?!?


Weekend Workouts:

Friday-  5 miles on the tread while rocking out to my new fave teen song- Keep Me Crazy by Chris Wallace.  The 7 year old loves it...I think.
Saturday- Home "gym" workout of 50 min. of intervals/sprints on the tread in between weight intervals.  At ungodly hour, I might add.
Sunday-  3 miles on the tread and Body Pump. 



I guess technically, my weekend started off on Thursday with my boyfriend, Luke Bryan. 
AMAZING!!!
Honestly, his performance was off the hook, per usual. 


Just a flaming pickup truck.  #nbd.







Friday was super low key in preparation for the big Advo event on Saturday.  It basically consisted of hanging out with the 3 1/2 year old and going to bed at a decent hour.     Meanwhile, the 7 year old was lucky enough to spend the weekend at the nabe's lake house engaging in many shenans.


amongst other things....


As a lot of you know,  Advo changed a portion of it's success school get up and we are doing regional winter success schools for the first time.   Pretty cool and I must say, way better than the rigamaroo involved in multiple trips per year to the DFW.      Was a really great day with a ton of great info, all in the comfort of my own snow-capped city.  

Some of our Cincinnati/ Columbus team.



#advobesties



Have you guys heard about the 3 new LIMITED edition Rehydrate flaves?

Peach
Key Lime Cherry
Red Raspberry

We were lucky enough to sample Peach yesterday and delish.


I also scored Key Lime Cherry last week and again, a hit up in here for sure.   My kids guzzle this down like it ain't no thang.

And Awwwww Snap.... did you hear about our new endorser??   Rich Froning.  Again, #nbd.   He spoke about his favorite products and basically spoke about why and how he's #awesomesauce.   Pretty cool, for sure.







Tonight I made a new recipe which is for sure going to be a keeper in these parts.  I stole the majority of the recipe from paleomg.com .    3 1/2 year old mowed this down like I've never seen. 

You guys, this is uh-mazing.   Paleomg calls it Almost 5 Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie.    I call it straight up happiness on a plate.


Her picture




My picture


I mean...?????   Is anyone else laughing?   Okay, so while my pic looks like hell, I guarantee it tasted every bit as delish.


You can see paleomg.com's recipe above.  I did adapt it slightly.  

Here's the deal...

Ingredients:

1 large spaghetti squash
1 lb. Italian sausage
1.5 jars TJ's  marinara sauce (it's the lowest in sugar that I've found)
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 can sliced black olives
dried basil (to taste)
oregano (to taste)
3 whole eggs


Instructions:


-Preheat oven to 400
-Microwave squash for 3-4 min.  This helps with the cutting process.
-Cut squash in half, lengthwise.
-Place about 1/2 c water in a baking dish.   Place squash face down in dish.  Microwave on high for 15 min.
-Lightly oil pan in which you are planning to bake this concoction.
-Scoop all threads from squash and press into baking pan.  Set aside.
-Stovetop- In large saucepan, lightly brown sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink.  Add all remaining ingredients.   Simmer for approx. 10 minutes.
-Spread mixture overtop of squash.
-Bake approx. 1 hour.

If not on the cleanse, add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to this, once it cools and it's all said and done.  Guaranteed to be legit.   Do it.


See you all back here within the next 48!   2014 race agenda is coming!  And I'm PUMPED!









1 comment:

  1. So, I got a fit it force for Christmas but accidentally left it at my in laws house. I finally got it this weekend and I am beyond obsessed. I forgot to record my sleep last night...but have worn it all day and checked it quite often. I feel like suck a dork, especially when I wore it with my Garmin..uber geek! I live by numbers which is hysterical since I hate numbers. I know you'll understand,

    ReplyDelete