Monday, January 13, 2014

More Random Tips for a Successful 24 Day Challenge!



The Facebook board is jumping with challengers!   I started my own challenge today and figured there is no better time to post more of my own personal tips than NOW.    You can read some of my tips for the 10 Day Cleanse here.    These all apply to the 24 DC, no doubt.

First things first,  for those of you on the fence,  there is still time to join in!  We have another group starting next Monday and another handful starting later in the month.  Do it. Get there.  

Oh and did I mention that it's currently discounted to $175? (retail price...obvi cheaper if you're a distributor or advisor).  This is good through January 21.   The time is now, peeps.





A fun weekend is always in order the weekend before a 24 DC.  It is.
   
Which included my very favorite diyabeetus-inducing, obesity epidemic- causing drink on the planet...  The jumbo frozen marg.

Here we have at least 100 g of shoog and about 500 calories worth of emptiness. #facty  #worthit







Back to the subject at hand...     


More random TIPS for a Successful Challenge!



***** PREPARE!

   I've said it a million times.   If you don't prepare, you will NOT have a successful challenge.  You won't.   You can read all about my 24 Day Challenge Prep here.



******Some of my favorite challenge friendly snacks:

- Individual packs of almonds, cashews, or Planters Wholesome Nut mix.   DO NOT buy the jar.  We can't be trusted.  We need the individual packs.

- Any vegetable dipped in a 100 calorie pack of guacamole.  I buy Holy Guacamole brand but was just informed today  that Cosco is now selling individual organic packs.   Apparently,  20 packs for will only set you back $8! Say Wahh???   Clearly Cosco bound tomorrow.


- A hot apple and cinnamon topped with a tbsp of almond butter.  Delish.   If you follow me on the #insta (Advorunner), you already know this.

-Celery and hummus, carrots and hummus, and now my newfound love sliced beets and hummus!   As always, measure your hummus.  Don't just scoop a giant blob because you are going to end up with 400 calories of hummus. Don't do it.  Measure.


-  Organic brown rice cakes with a serving of natural peanut butter and cinnamon.  Now, I use these sparingly during the first 10 days.  Yes, they are a complex carb but if you want to be strict and depending on how much you have to lose, I would do a max of one per day.


*****Some of my simple tricks of the trade:

- In the evenings, when you are feeling snacky, bored, and think you're hungry, drink decaf hot tea.   It'll keep you busy and you aren't blowing the plan.   If you absolutely must, you can add a small amount of stevia.   Trader Joe's has an awesome selection of decaf flavored tea's.  

- Guzzle water like it's your job.  As you know, it will keep you full but will also really help flush toxins.    Add a little lemon, fresh mint, or cucumber if you aren't keen on plain water.

-If you screw up, do not throw in the towel.   Trust me, friends.  There have been times that for a split second I have literally forgotten that I'm on the challenge.  Not even kidding.   I've done stupid things.  However, it's not over.   Get back on track immediately and finish it out.   Do not let yourself get into the "I've already screwed up, I'll restart it again later" mindset.  You can gain 5 pounds waiting for "later."


*****Exercise!


-  There is NO doubt that you'll have quicker, better results if implement exercise into your 24 DC.  Not to mention that you'll be in a better mood because of the endorphins and well...this here little challenge might not seem so bad.   

-I say aim for a minimum of 30 minutes a day of sweat.   Preferably 45.  Yes, cardio,  but work up a sweat.  This means you should physically be sweating.  You should feel gross when you're done.  You shouldn't be able to refresh your makeup and go about your day.   You should need a shower.    


- Strength training 3-4 times a week.   We ALL need it no matter our age or current fitness level.  Muscle burns more calories.  This is a #facty.  Plus, it makes you look skinnier.  And hotter.    If you have no weight training plan in place and are intimidated by starting one, get yourself some DVD's.    I really love Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt, and I honestly LOVE the Advo Can You 24? series.   These are all short, very effective workouts.



There you have it, friends!    So happy to have you here in the same boat right along with me!   I love the company!

Stay tuned for more recipes and shenans this week!

























7 comments:

  1. Love these tips! They're awesome for the 24DC but also for post-challenge eating/fitness guidelines. Happy Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have the link to your Facebook board? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the snack ideas - I'm doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox starting tomorrow so this will help!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Help with bloating! I'm regular and I have engery. But my stomach is soo bloated its uncomfortable to workout. I'm on day 5 of the cleanse. Thinking about moving to the max part bc this isn't working for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasha, You're prob well past the bloating phase now but water, water, water. And if that still doesn't help, I always say to add in an extra probiotic. (the white pill in your cleanse pack). Hope you rocked the cleanse!

      Delete
  6. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful.Advocare has products for energy, losing weight, getting healthy and sports performance.AdvoCare Preferred Customer



    ReplyDelete