Monday, January 6, 2014

An awesome recipe..Primarily because I live in the tundra






Well it's a zillion times worse than anticipated.   I mean, you can't even leave your house without gasping for air.  Or looking like this man.  This exact man right here in the Doppler 10 picture.       I'm not even kidding.  Oh and school has been cancelled for the next 40 days and nights.   Ridic, I tell you.  Ridic.    


This all brings me to my next point.    We need piping hot chili.  It can't be -25 and there be anything else on the menu other than chili.    This is a #facty.  

On the menu tonight!




Clean White Chicken Chili




#Ilovejalepenos


Disclaimer......So I kind of finagled this recipe and threw stuff in a giant pot so bear with me.  At any rate, it turned out legit.  It did. 


Ingredients:

1 pound diced or sliced chicken (I used about 4 breasts and chopped those babies up)
1 can no salt added tomatoes
4 cans great northern beans
1 can fire roasted green chili's
1 white onion (diced)
approx. 2 cups low sodium chicken stock (I didn't measure)
1 tbsp minced garlic (I used the pre-minced garlic and basically used a heaping tbsp full. #lovegarlic)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
a shake of parsely
a shake of sea salt
freshly ground pepper
Jalepenos for topping, if you're cray like me


Directions:


On stovetop (I cooked at about a 7 out of 10) Add olive oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, parsley, onion, and  sliced/diced chicken to large pot.   Cook until chicken appears done.   
Reduce heat to a 2 or 3 and add tomatoes, beans, chili's and chicken stock.   Cook for another 30 minutes.   

Reduce heat and let simmer on low, low, low for another 30 or 40 minutes if you have time.

Top with jalepenos, chives, salsa, or sour cream/ light cheese (if you aren't on 24 DC).   

For me, the jalepenos are about all I need.    Honestly, this chili is so warm and delish.  Especially on a day like today.   

So in summary.....
1.  Feel sad for me and my cold temps.
2.  Make this stat.  No matter where you live.
3. Definitely cleanse and challenge friendly for my Advo peeps. 


See you guys tomorrow!




4 comments:

  1. So I drained my beans and only use 2 cans because its all I had. This was perfect! My family loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, so glad! Sorry I'm just getting back to you but yes! I drain my beans! Always, always, always!


      Delete
  2. If I am on the challenge... what is my serving size of this? A cup.. or what do you think?

    ReplyDelete