Sunday, December 8, 2013

We Need to Talk... Oh, and Sunday Sentiments



Okay, what do you guys want to see more of here on the AR??   I know most of you comment on my Facebook page but I need the goods.  Recipe posts and Things You Need posts always seem to raise the roof.   But what else??   I need to know.  The one year anniversary for this little bloggy 'o mine is coming up soon and I'll be featuring the top 3 posts in terms of page hits.    My apple cider vinegar post was in the lead for the longest time but now it's dropped down to #5 and holding.     Can't wait to share the deets of what you've loved and hated over the past year because I find it somewhat fascinating.   But anyway,  tell me what you love and what you want.  

Weekend Workouts:

Friday-  5 miles on the treadmill and weights.  All in the basement.   1. Did you guys know we had a snowstorm here in the midwest?  We did.   2.  Did you guys know I have a home gym?  But I hate it and much prefer seeing/talking to people in a real gym.   Therefore, I only use it in times of desperation...like when there's a snowstorm here in the midwest.   I used it a ton more when my kids were teeny tiny, itty bitty babies and napping.  I would bust a workout quicker than Lindsey will end up back in rehab, shower, and be ready to roll when that nap was over.  I did.  In times of more severe  desperation,  they would hang out next to me in the bouncy seat while I was on the tready.     So really, if these monkeys of mine don't turn into runners, it's going to be on Unsolved Mysteries or something.   It just is.    

And this brings me to another topic close to my heart.....

For you new mommy's out there reading and think there is no time for exercise......  There is.  I promise.   I know you're delirious and you haven't slept a wink in 37 days, I get it.  I really do.   I've done it twice, thought I was going to die both times, yet I'm somehow still alive.    But really, these here little exercise endorphins do something amazing for our mental health and somehow make us deal with this crazy new life that we've taken on just a little better.   Oh and it helps us fit into our pants just a little sooner.  Oh and it makes us feel a little less frumpy.   And it makes us just a little less annoyed at our husbands because they're still wearing their normal pants.   Seriously, new moms, I love you for all kinds of reasons.  But know this.....  Just because you're a new mom, doesn't mean you can't squeeze in something here and there, because you can.  I promise.   And I know you're sleep deprived right now and you hate me, but as always, #donthateme,iloveyou.


Clearly, I've digressed big time.

Saturday-  3.5 miles on the treadmill, 10 min on the guillotine, lunges, squats, abs, and a zillion planks.

Sunday-  OFF


Weekend Highlights:


This #Runnerdog of mine loves the snow.  And he's such a tool shed.  (Do people still say tool shed?  I'm thinking not.)   Anyway, he's awesome and super cute in the snow.   And once again, I can't believe I'm  a person who posts dog pics.  I can't.   Especially after I made fun of you guys for doing exactly this.



This little home slice 'o mine met santa, once again.  And all she wants is the new iPod Touch.  In fact, she's totes down with not one other gift under the tree, except for the iPod Touch.    Santa is really struggling with this and not sure how to proceed.   He is. 



These little foo's 'o mine made homemade pizza's, with a side of #Runnerdog.   Anyway, if you are near a TJ's, (and words can't express my sorrow if you're not),  their pre-made, refrigerated wheat dough is so perfect for this type of situation.    So easy for the kids to roll out and it cooks like gem.  Oh and it's so cheap, they are practically giving it away. 






Wah, wah, wahhhhhh.......  So this happened.  


My friend from "up north,"  Jennifer, and I have this little back and forth banter.   She went to Michigan State so obvi she's a big Sparty fan.      Bottom line is, those Spartans beat us fair and square.  Yes, there's a million reasons why and how it all went down like it did.  However, it is what it is and is it just me or is Michigan State becoming the new Michigan in terms of OSU rivalries?   Me thinks yes.



These two fools thought they were news anchors.   So the hubs works for the NBC affiliate here in town, which makes these kiddos 'o mine think he's somehow Matt Lauer.  At any rate, the 7 year old, specifically, can't get enough of a news set.  She just can't.    





Tune in tomorrow for a FAB new playlist!   This may be my favorite to date.   And that's saying a lot.  











13 comments:

  1. It was an amazing game! I look forward to next year that's for sure! I was so nervous watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran 5 this am and thought of you when Gold Digger came on my playlist. LOVE it and giggled thinking I would suggest that for you next time you ask… lol!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! Gold Digger is the BEST! Impossible to be in a bad mood with GD on. It just is.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for the new playlist!!!! Love your dog photo bomb the pizza pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, that #Runnerdog is everywhere. He even photobombed our professional family pics! :)

      Delete
  4. Momma, Can we please talk about this iPod touch situation. My little P is begging. But this Santa is holding out…I think. It is a daily struggle. But there is something that tells me to be the mean mommy on this as long as I can. So for now at this moment I am holding strong but there is sure to be some flip flop on this before the big day. So call me so we can process this using our best master degree social working skills we can pull out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Yes. Yes. Let's chat tomorrow or Wed. a.m. We need to drum up a plan stat.

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! I love how there is no sugar coating anything! A mom of 2 who loves to figure out the puzzle of squeezing in my workouts, I hear ya loud and clear! Thanks for keeping it real, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recently began following your blog. I am a new momma, runner and started Advocare. I was unable to run during my pregnancy and as soon as she was out I couldn't wait to get going again. I ran my first half marathon 7 months post baby. She went on every training run with me in the BOB stroller. If you want it, you will find time,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I love hearing that. I was the same way. Come hell or high water, the workout was happening! And HUGE congrats on your first half!

      Delete
    2. I posted that wrong..that was my 11th half, but my first post baby half...half is my favorite distance...it is still "fun". Fulls aren't fun! Goal for 2014 is working on speed...going to go checkout your playlist..new music is always a big help.

      Delete