Monday, December 2, 2013

Sunday Sentiments, A Fab New Recipe, and Another Thing you Need from TJ's


How's that for the longest post title ever?


First things first.




As always, if you follow me on the #Insta (Advorunner), you already know a lot of this stuff.



Lots of gluttony over the last 4 days, as there should be.   However, I was able to squeeze in some solid workouts to help soften the blow.

Thanksgiving Day-  7 miles 
Friday-   5 miles and some serious abs
Saturday-  4 miles, lunges and squats
Sunday-  40 minutes on the ARC trainer and 30 minutes on a new machine at my gym that I refer to as the "guillotine"   More on the guillotine in a second.  



Let's review the highlights....


1.   Kicking off Thanksgiving Eve by ordering enough of this for a family the size of the Duggar's, plus  four.       Right from the comfort of the couch.       




2.   Hosting Thanksgiving, which ended up being all kindsa fun.    The party started at 2 p.m. and we were still going strong playing the most hilarious, inappropriate game ever (Cards Against Humanity) at midnight.     Oh and of course Rummy 500.  If a house party is happening,  you can pretty much count on it that I'll request to play Rummy.  Partially because I'm old like that and partially because this game is awesome.   I'm pretty sure everyone else see's my excitement, feels slightly sad for me, and really, they don't wanna let me down.   So Rummy it is!


Turns out, it's not easy using a self timer on a camera.  It took about 5 minutes to get a few decent pics.  And many hilarious outtakes.  Check out #Runnerdog.   Obvi protesting.



This pretty much sums it up.





3.  Taking the monkeys to my one of their favorite germ cesspools.    It's no Chuck E Cheese, but it's still running rampant with pinkeye and meningitis, I'm certain.    Either way, these fools had a blast, as they always do at Dave and Busters.   Check out the beautiful earrings that 7 year old won.  Gorgey, no?





4.  Discovering that my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant will be having a Sunday brunch buffet, effective January 1.   Absolutely NOTHING good can come of this but I'm somehow ecstatic, nonetheless.   Did I mention that they are serving bottomless mimosas?   Again, nothing good here.

This would be Manny.  The owner of this fine establishment.   He rocks.   Azteca, for those of you in the 614.





5.  7 year old got the cutest haircut ever.   How sassypants and cute is she?




6.   Legit having a heart attack watching the Buckeyes play.    What a crazy and amazing game!
The college roommie and I.    



Wanna know how much I hate public germs?    Exhibit A-     Wet Wipes remnants.    This was actually an accidental pic that I discovered later.    Never leave home without antibacterial Wet Wipes.  Never. 



7.  LOVING / HATING this new machine at my gym.   We shall name her... The guillotine.   My old gym had one of these and while I did use it from time to time, I don't think I fully appreciated the ass kicking.     30 minutes on the guillotine and you will be Deeee-renched.   In fact, I wore my heart rate monitor on this thing yesterday and burned more calories in 30 minutes than I do running 4 miles.  Not kidding.   Gym friends, the one in the very back is basically mine, with my name on it, so don't be getting any ideas.





8.   Getting back on track and doing a huge Trader Joe's haul.     You're all gonna need these asap.  I picked these up on a whim and am pleased as punch with my discovery.  Roasted Mashed Sweet Potatoes, coming in at $2.79 for a bag. Basically, these are pre-roasted sweet potato "pucks."   80 calories per serving and the only ingredient is actually sweet potatoes.   They are perfectly proportioned "pucks" and cook in less than 3 minutes.    I sprinkled with a little cinnamon and then got mad at myself for only buying one bag.  So convenient.



9.    Another new recipe!   I honestly have NO idea where this recipe came from and for that, I'm sorry.  I was scrolling through the "notes" section of my phone and discovered this little gem saved in there from spring.     I knew I immediately I had to make it mine and a hit is was.   Oh and it's ridiculously easy. 


Crispy Coconut Chicken  

4 large chicken breasts
1 c unsweetened shredded cocount
1/2 cup ground flax
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Black pepper


Mix coconut, flax, salt and pepper in bowl, set aside
Roll chicken in egg, roll in dry mixture, set aside.

Over medium heat, melt coconut oil.   Place chicken in pan, flipping often.   I cooked for about 15 minutes and then covered the pan and cooked for another 5 or so.   I then added some additional dry mixture and cooked for another minute.

SO DELISH.  I realize these pics aren't pretty but I promise you won't be sorry.  This would definitely be 24 Day Challenge friendly, and will definitely be on the menu for the next challenge.





Speaking of the 24 Day Challenge, next challenge starts in January.   Giddy up, friends!!!


Hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving with family, friends, and loved ones!

1 comment:


  1. Banyak diantara kita yang mungkin sudah tahu bahwa penyakit ini memalukan dan bisa membuat penderitanya menjadi frustasi Penderita kadang merasa enggan melakukan pemeriksaan karena Mereka dapat muncul secara sendiri-sendiri atau berkelompok. kutil dapat muncul pada rektum dan daerah sekitarnya.membayangkan dokter yang akan melihat organ kelaminya Tapi ingatlah bahwa faktor malu itu yang bisa menjadikankan penyakit anda ini semakin lebih serius. Misalnya dengan munculnya rasa gatal-gatal pada daerah yang terinfeksi.

    ReplyDelete