First of all, I hate when I lie to you guys. I fully intended on getting WIAW up on Thursday and as you can see, it's been nothing but crickets around here. Ya see, sometimes these two little humans that I'm responsible for, along with working, and just keeping things functioning around here, can really make this little bloggy 'o mine take a backseat. And I hate that I told you guys WIAT was coming and I failed. As always, #pleasedonthateme,iloveyou. However, this week should be way more low key, so it's on like DK.
Friday- 5 miles and 15 min of core
Saturday- 8 miles outside (twas perfect running weather, if you ask me)
1. Have you ever gone to Toys R Us on a Friday night? With an indecisive 7 year old? Who has gift cards burning a flame right through the palm of her hand? Oh Em Gee. Nothing else to say, except it was a very long process. On a positive note, we came outta there with this life changing sewing machine and I'm pretty sure it's all she's ever dreamed of and more.
2. Dinner and getting ready to haus down on the notorious...
3. Hummus Plate...do we see a theme here?
4. Hanging with the nabe's after dinner. And these two foo's said "are we gonna be on the BLOG!?" basically the second I snapped this pic. Creating monsters, obvi.
1. #Runnerdog is back in action. He's been getting the shaft since I've been running on the treadmill more lately due to wind, snow, and well, just crap weather. However, Saturday morning was pretty good running weather so off we went. I took him out for the first 3, came home to drop him off and headed out to finish the last 5. Everybody's happy.
2. LOVING this song. Demons by Imagine Dragons. So good. If you take my class at Title, expect this to on the core/ cooldown playlist this week. For sure.
3. Can someone buy me one of these Kate Spade eye candy's for Christmas? Or for my birthday, which is in early January?
4. Currently obsessing over which Erin Condren life planner I need for 2014. The possibilities are endless. Did you guys know I'm obsessed with planners? Cuz I am.
1 & 2- A super fun night in the Short North with these ladies. For those of you in the 614, do you know about Bakersfields? So good. So Fun. Get there.
3. Just analyzing the Nashville 1/2 and full Marathon for April. Running friends...have any of you done this race? Give me the goods please.
4. HEALTHY no bake cookies! So here's the deal....I was craving old school no bake cookies today. Basically with every ounce of my being. I even convinced the 7 year old that she was craving them too, which admittedly wasn't difficult. So off to work we went.
We made a variation of the old school but with way less sugar and fat.
3 cups raw quick cook oats
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup agave ( I may have used a little over 1/4 cup)
1 very ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
4 tsps of cocoa powder
In medium saucepan, mix mashed banana, peanut butter, almond milk, agave, cocoa powder, and salt. Let boil for exactly one minute. Remove from burner. Add in oats and vanilla. Mix well and scoop individual cookies onto wax paper to cool.
These didn't set up quite as hard as the normal, fat no bakes. However, they set up pretty good and were REALLY good, with NO butter and NO sugar. I'd say a win, for shiz.
Hope you all had nothing short of a fabulous weekend and I'll see you back here within the next 48!