Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Just Another #Awesomesauce Recipe!

No one be alarmed but  What I Ate Wednesday is being postponed till tomorrow.   So yeah, it'll be What I Ate Thursday, which I know doesn't even have close to the same charm or ring.  However, I got through half the day and realized I hadn't taken one food pic.  But don't worry, you didn't miss much.  Let's just say I had Schwarma for lunch.

But the good news is, I have a new recipe obsession.

So I have this Crossfit friend who is currently doing the Whole 30 Program.    Check out the link but it basically consists of Eating real food – meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds.

So it's really not ALL that much different than our Advo principles.  Definitely more restrictive as you can't have any grains.   Oh and you are committing to 30 days in a row with no peanut butter or wine.   Deal Breaker.  I'm out.   But anyway, my point is, my Paleo / Crossfit / Whole 30 Kool Aid drinkers will totes be down with this recipe too.  

Anyway, I was creeping on said Crossfit friends FB page.  Don't worry, I'm outta the closet on the creeping so it's all good.      I found this little ditty for Whole 30 crockpot pulled pork and immediately knew I had to make it mine.


This is SO easy and SO good.

CLEAN Advocare/ Paleo/ Whole 30 Crockpot Pulled Pork

(how's that for a long recipe title?)


Ingredients 

4 lbs of boneless pork roast (on sale at Kroger this week!  #hollah)
2 yellow onions

Dry Rub ingredients
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp coriander
2 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp chipotle powder (I had none so did a little mix of red pepper and cayenne)
2 tbsp sea salt

-Mix all of this together and set aside. 

Note I modified a few of the spices from the original recipe but I assure you, this works.


Step 1.   Chop onions, layer bottom of crock pot with one onion

Step 2.   Coat the entire pork with the entire batch of dry rub that you made.

Step 3.  Layer the remaining chopped onion on top.

Cook on high for 4-5 hours, reduce to low for 2-3 hours.  

I didn't have that much time so cooked on high for 4 hours and low for about an hour and a half.  My point is, there is definitely some wiggle room.  

It fell apart just as it should and was Oh.Em.Gee. delish.   

I served these in lettuce wraps but they would be awesome in Ezekial wraps, over spinach, etc.   



Just simmering away in the my best friend (the crock pot, obvi).


And of course I have to top mine with Sirracha.     One of many.  There were many more where that came from.



Put this on the menu asap.   You won't be sorry.

See you guys back here tomorrow for WIAT, for reals.


11 comments:

  1. Is coriander suppose to be on there twice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbie, I just edited the recipe. That was a typo. It's 2 tbsp of coriander, total.

      Delete
  3. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Should you use 1 tbsp of coriander, 2? Or three?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Banyak diantara kita yang mungkin sudah tahu bahwa penyakit ini memalukan dan bisa membuat penderitanya menjadi frustasi Penderita kadang merasa enggan melakukan pemeriksaan karena Mereka dapat muncul secara sendiri-sendiri atau berkelompok. kutil dapat muncul pada rektum dan daerah sekitarnya.membayangkan dokter yang akan melihat organ kelaminya Tapi ingatlah bahwa faktor malu itu yang bisa menjadikankan penyakit anda ini semakin lebih serius. Misalnya dengan munculnya rasa gatal-gatal pada daerah yang terinfeksi.

    ReplyDelete