Sunday, November 10, 2013

Best Recipe Ever and Sunday Sentiments in Pics....



So here's what happened....


I woke up today with the sudden realization that I could not live another day on this green earth without  some type of Thai Peanut Chicken dish.  I could not.   I contemplated throwing in the towel for the day and going for the jugular and just going for Thai.  Noodles and all.   Then I remembered everything I ate yesterday and decided to improvise.  It's all about balance, friends.  

So I clearly went straight to google and started researching.  I found 3 or 4 pretty cleanish recipes and then kind of combined them.   And really, as far as I'm concerned, this shiz is 24 DC friendly.  #whatwhat?   The husband  called this restaurant quality.   So. dang. good.


Crockpot Advocare Thai Peanut Chicken 

Ingredients:

2 lbs organic chicken tenderloins (boneless)
1 white onion
1 red pepper
3/4 cups natural, creamy Peanut Butter (be still, my heart)
3/4 c organic, low sodium chicken broth
1 lime (juiced)
1/3 c low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp cumin
sprinkle of curry
chopped scallions
crushed peanuts
chopped cilantro
Spinach, arugula, brown rice, or brown rice noodles.  Basically, whatever you want to serve it over.  I did spinach but wouldn't kick any of the above outta bed.

I made this entire dish in the crockpot.    However, this could definitely be done stove top.   

In crockpot....   

Throw in:

Chicken
Chopped onion
Red pepper


In a bowl, combine PB, chicken broth, lime juice, soy sauce, cumin, and curry.   Pour this mixture over the above 3 ingredients.     Walk away.  

Cook on high for 3-4 hours.    Your house will smell amazing.   Seriously.


Serve over any of the above.  Top with chopped scallions, crushed peanuts, and chopped cilantro.   





Honestly, this is my fave bloggy recipe thus far.   Make it tomorrow.  


Alright, on with our regular shenans....





Who is up for Sunday Sentiments, pic edition?   Snapshots from the weekend....



1.  LOVED this chalkboard sign that I spotted today.   I mean, seriously.  How adorable.  And true.   And perfect.

2.  So you guys obvi know about my non- stop almond butter problems....   Imagine my delight, when I get a text telling me that something has been left in mailbox.   I know!   Pretty much made my life.   #thelittlethings


3.  Doing what I do best...being a boss at Title Boxing Club.   If you take my class you know my line...."commit to me for an hour and I PROMISE I'll have you walking outta here feeling amazing.  I will."    And these people did.  They rocked the house this weekend.


4.  Early morning Starbucks date.  Just me and this monkey.   Why is the kids hot chocolate cup so dang cute?   And why am I constantly wanting to eat her birthday cake pop in one bite?   






5.  Hummus plate happened.  The one that y'all have heard about before.   Get in ma belly, hummus plate.   Just like shwarma, I'm almost incapable of not ordering you.   When I find what I like, I don't stray.

6.  Took the Advo show on the road this weekend.  Akron, Ohio to be precise.   And had an awesome time with some pretty cool people.   Countdown to 24 Day Challenge is on.

7.  Ummm...yes, I know this looks disgusting.   However, you guys know about my love affair with the limited edition Gingerbread bar by now.   So I've been heating it in the mike for 10 seconds and it's legit dessert.   I know a lot of you ordered these so do yourself a large and try my technique stat.


8.  Spent a whole lot of time with these foo's.  And learned a whole lot.  7 year old told me that you have to be 20 years old until God gives you boobs.   And 3 1/2 year old told me "when you don't like what someone tells you, just ignore them."    And 7 year old told me that she's afraid that someone is gonna steal #runnerdog and steal all of his skin.   When I inquired on why "someone" would want his skin she responded with "to make a fur jacket..duh?"    So if he ever goes missing, keep your eyes peeled for an individual wearing a #runnerdog fur coat.



So there's the weekend in a nutshell.


But seriously, make the Thai Peanut dish tomorrow.  Not even kidding.   


Night Lovers!


11 comments:

  1. Making the thai peanut dish this week for sure. Thanks for making that up and sharing. Also, the Akron crew is awesome and I am so glad that you got to hang out with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely take the time to comment on blogs of people I don't know IRL, but I just had to say that the tip to nuke the GingerBread Advobar?! LIFE CHANGING! That was not a nutrition bar I ate for my mid-morning snack...that was one of the best desserts ever! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audra, isn't it the best!? So simple, yet completely changes thing! I'm obsessed, obvi. Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. I have this in the Crock Pot now and my house smells SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Can't wait to gobble this up! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make this! What peanut butter did you use? I find that some don't translate as well into recipes as others...

    ReplyDelete

  5. Banyak diantara kita yang mungkin sudah tahu bahwa penyakit ini memalukan dan bisa membuat penderitanya menjadi frustasi Penderita kadang merasa enggan melakukan pemeriksaan karena Mereka dapat muncul secara sendiri-sendiri atau berkelompok. kutil dapat muncul pada rektum dan daerah sekitarnya.membayangkan dokter yang akan melihat organ kelaminya Tapi ingatlah bahwa faktor malu itu yang bisa menjadikankan penyakit anda ini semakin lebih serius. Misalnya dengan munculnya rasa gatal-gatal pada daerah yang terinfeksi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of red pepper do you use for your thai chicken recipe? A Bell pepper? Red Chili pepper?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many servings is this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really determined servings but I would estimate 6 average serving sizes.

      Delete