Monday, October 14, 2013

Three Things




1.   As you know, I'm currently obsessed with most things pumpkin.     And since, we are on the topic of that, I wanted to clarify how to store those fab protein pumpkin bars that I posted about last week.    I've gotten lots of email inquiries on how to store them and I apologize for not being more clear.  So here's the deal...

I  store them in the freezer for about 30 minutes in their original pan prior to cutting into bars.  I then layer the cut bars with wax paper and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.  They maintain a perfect consistency in the fridge so that is for sure the way you need to go.   They will not hold up at room temp and are definitely too hard when stored in the freezer.





2.  If you follow me on the Insta (Advorunner), you already know this.  If you don't follow me on the Insta, well you need to so that you aren't missing out on important matters such as this.


This pumpkin pie protein smoothie is the shiz.



Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie

1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup pure pumpkin
2 scoops vanilla Advocare Muscle Gain
2 tbsp PB2  (you could also use 1 tbsp natty PB here but that will obvi bring up the calorie count)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1-2 packets of stevia
ice cubes
Blend and top with cinnamon

Roughly-  320 calories, 31 g protein, 11 g fiber,  very minimal sugar and carbs.   A fabulous fall breakfast indeed.




3.   I need you guys to bombard me with your favorite songs.  Like immediately.   The last time I asked for music, you guys gave me seriously awesome recommendations.   As you know, I'm obsessed with ITunes and definitely don't discriminate.  I love everything from rap to country and everything in between.  So hit me.   Either here or on Columbus Advocare Runner.  I'll be sharing my giant playlist later in the week.



Stay tuned for a fabulous 24 Day Challenge friendly, clean recipe later tonight!  It's what's for dinner!






6 comments:

  1. Have you heard the song "Tiber"? It's Pitbull Feat. Kesha and I just LOVE listening to it on my runs.

    I have a Tune in Tuesday over at my Blog and will be listing more of my favs tomorrow. Stop on by :)

    www.fitbrittiowa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want someone to make me that SMOOTHIE!! OMG!! I just don't think it would taste the same if I did it. It's like a salad, I LOVE them OUT, but making them myself, BOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving White Panda (they do mash-ups) when I've been running. Also the new Robin Thicke song (Give it 2 U) and Britney (Work, Work). Let's just say my running music is my guilty-pleasure music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the recs, ladies! Can't wait to get my list compiled. Lori, I hear you! Why are salads better when made by anyone else but me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the recs, ladies! Can't wait to get my list compiled. Lori, I hear you! Why are salads better when made by anyone else but me?

    ReplyDelete