Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Easy Peasy Pumpkin Protein Bars






You guys know I'm all about homemade protein bars but allow me to share the reasons why....

1.  They contain minimal ingredients that we can all pronounce.
2.  They are typically very cost effective in comparison to your "over the counter" protein bar.
3.  They are ridiculously EASY and quick to make!
4.  They store beautifully in the fridge or freezer.


It's no secret that I'm obsessed with fall.   So what better way to celebrate than with pumpkin protein bars?


  Giddy up for EASY PEASY Pumpkin Protein Bars


Ingredients

2 cups quick cook oatmeal
1.5 cups of pure pumpkin (I used the whole can)
1/3 cup of ground flax seed 
3/4 cup natural, crunchy peanut butter (the crunchy part is very important!)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
4 packets of stevia
2 tsp cinnamon  (cuz I'm obsessed but a normal person could use 1 tsp)

Mix together in a bowl until fully blended.

Press into 13x9 pan (line with wax paper).



Place in the freezer for 30 minutes and slice into 12 bars.



These have about 210 calories and 20 grams of protein.   

And they are legit.    

Seriously.  These are by far the best homemade bar I've had to date. 

And that's saying a lot.   So do yourself a solid and make these immediately.  And thank me later.


See y'alls back here in the A for So What Wednesday!  


9 comments:

  1. Do you think you can use other protein powder? I dont' have muscle gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe!! I just happened to have everything on hand to whip these up. Most of it did make it into the freezer after I forced myself to stop eating it. ; ) So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I would think you could. I'm just such a huge Muscle Gain lover that I don't use anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you store these in the freezer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I typically freeze for 30 minutes and allow them to set up before cutting them into bars. I then store them in the fridge in between layers of wax paper.

    ReplyDelete