Tuesday, October 15, 2013

24 Day Challenge Chicken Crock Pot Tacos



Thank you guys so much for all of the music recs!  I've received lots of messages and can't wait to continue to explore some of these songs!    You guys are the best, and me love you long time!


Allow me to share a super easy DELISH recipe.   This is definitely challenge friendly, just do not add cheese or sour cream if you are on the challenge.    This keeps awesome in the fridge for leftovers and actually gets better after a day or so.



Shredded Chicken Crock Pot Tacos




2 lbs chicken boneless chicken tenderloins  
1.5  cans of rinsed and drained black beans
1 can of rinsed and drained corn
2 cans of green chili's (I buy mild because my kiddos eat this.  However, it's awesome with HOT)
1 med sized red onion (diced)
1-2 packets of reduced sodium taco seasoning (I usually use 2 for a big batch like this)
4 packets of stevia (this isn't necessary but I like a tiny bit of added sweetness)
a sprinkle or two of cinnamon (cuz that's how I roll)


Place everything in crock pot in the morning.   The chicken doesn't even need to be thawed.   I usually cook on high for about 5 hours.   If I'm home, I'll stir everything around every hour or so.  If I'm not, #nbd.      Reduce heat to low for an hour or two.  Again, if you aren't home, no biggie.   About 30 min. before you are going to serve, shred the chicken with two forks.   It should shred easily.    Reduce heat to keep warm and let that marinate for a few minutes.


Serve that baby up.

Again, for my 24 Day Challenge peeps, do not top with sour cream and cheese.   As you know, I'm not on the challenge.  Plus I'm running that pesky marathon in a few days and mama needed some cheese/ sour cream.  So basically, do as I say, not as I do.


I typically eat this on a plate of fresh spinach and top the whole thing with salsa.    It's ridonk.   But really, the options are endless.  



There you have it.   Labor-wise, this takes less than 30 minutes.   A quick, easy challenge friendly recipe.  Get there.


See you all back here tomorrow for double post Wednesday.   On deck...

1. So What Wednesday
2.  What I Ate Wednesday

Laters.










5 comments:

  1. I make this pretty much every weekend but usually just do a pound or two of frozen chicken and jar of TJs salsa. Cook in crockpot on high for a few hours. Sometimes I add black beans but will have to try this recipe. I use it on my salad all week long or on top of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a variation of this about every week. I just LOVE it and it's so good as leftovers. I add a little lime juice to mine...a secret weapon :)

    Also, I don't know what I did to the pumpkin protein bars but mine turned out NASTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, on top of eggs is a great idea! Thanks for that.

    Mateya, totally gonna try the lime juice!! Anything Mexican and lime combined and it's pretty much TLF for me.

    Hate to hear that on the pumpkin bars!! Wonder what went wrong?! Try again! Did you add the stevia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy and I always have these things on hand... gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are on the challenge how do you portion out your servings?

    ReplyDelete