Monday, September 30, 2013

Things You Need... Healthy Edition




How about this?  An edition of TYN that doesn't involve candles or lipgloss?    Right?  #whoami?



So here are my current jams.   


1.   Medjool Dates.  Yes,
I realize these look absolutely hit.  However, trust me when I say they are ridiculously amazing and decadent when you want a sweet treat but don't want the calories of something terrible.     Do yourself a favor and split one of these open, take out the pit, and stuff with a smear of almond butter or nati peanut butter.   You. will. die.  I promise.    One date has about 65 calories, 2 g of fiber, but about 16g of sugar.  Now granted, it's truly natural sugar but be careful.  These are not cleanse friendly in my opinion.     I typically buy these at Trader Joe's but bought these at Kroger, right in the produce section.







2.  OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch dressing.    Friends, this stuff is legit.  60 calories per serving, 5 g of fat, 2 carbs, and 0 of them being sugars.   It honestly tastes way more fattening than it is.  In fact, I put it on my salad, took a few bites, and then went back to the fridge to look at the stats again because I was certain that I was eating Fatty McButterpants salad dressing.    LOVE this and can't wait to try the other flaves.   Note-  This is not located in the regular salad dressing area of the grocery store.  It is located with the fancy dressings in the produce section.  I found this at my local Kroger but have also seen it at Giant Eagle and I'm sure it's safe to say that Whole Paycheck carries it.








3.  Oat Fit Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal.     100 calories per pack and ZERO sugars.  Yet, it has a touch of sweetness somehow.   It's awesome, you guys.    The thing I love is that there are 5 perfectly proportioned packs in each little box.  Oh and the pouch that said oatmeal comes in, has a perfect little line where you add the perfect amount of water.    I love the nutritional status but I also really love the packaging.  I add a packet of stevia, a touch more cinnamon (cuz I'm obsessed) and a blob of nati PB and this little breaky is basically the bee's knees.    I had a hard time finding this initially but Target has had it in stock for several weeks.







4.  Salt and Pepper Natural Pistachios (in shell).   OMG.    Discovered these this weekend and have basically been facedown since.     The perfect alternative when you want the savory flavor of a chip but not a chip, ya know?   These are CVS brand and may or may not have been purchased after tailgaiting.  However, I saw the same salt and pepper flavor at Kroger yesterday when I bought those 3 apples for a million dollah.     And can we all agree that there is something therapeutic about cracking and eating pistachios?   The shelled version just isn't the same.  It's just not.   Loving these.










5.  Chick. Pz Roasted Chickpeas.   Just discovered these  fabulous little gems at Whole Paycheck and definitely should have bought more.   This bag contains 200 calories,  10 grams of fiber, and 12 grams of protein.  Yes please.      Oh and they almost have a roasted peanut butter flavor (if you will), which we all know is the true pathway to my heart.   Love these and will be buying more pretty much immediately.










6.  PB2.   I know I've talked about it before but I'm crushing on this stuff more than normal lately.  Love it for so many reasons.  So versatile.  I mix it in protein shakes,  oatmeal, greek yogurt, in asian inspired peanut dishes, with almond milk and then spread on my apples...the options are honestly endless.  I just love this stuff and love that it gives me some peanut butter satisfaction without the zillion calories that my beautiful, beloved peanut butter brings.  Don't get me wrong, we all know that  I eat PB numerous times a day but this is a fabulous alternative.


So there you have it, boo's.   My current healthy faves.   See y'all back here tomorrow for Tuesday Troubles.   Don't be scared.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. I hope you will also post your favorite cleanse recipes. You mentioned posting them before your vacation.....while I finished up the cleanse would like some new recipes as I continue to try to eat well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally interested in that greek yogurt ranch

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://boredshorts.tv/2013/08/kid-snippets-runners/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete