Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday! (and some other Shenans)



Linking up with the fabu Niki and Jenn for another WIAW!

But first can we talk about the 6 year old starting 1st grade today?  What, what?   I swear she was just a little toddler, destroying everything in her path just yesterday.   Now she is almost 7 and seriously such a fun little buddy to hang out with.    She's all funny now, and smart, and chatty.    Oh and we kinda like a lot of the same music.  She's lucky she has an immature mom.   And I really just love her to pieces.  So anyway, Fall,  school starting, and really the start of new things always make me all nostalgic and borderline sad, yet excited.   It's the weirdest feeling but certainly you guys can understand. 

My Home Slice and I on the first day of 1st grade.



So onto the real post.


WIAW!

Obviously today started out like every other.  



Old pic, same deal.


Followed by



Fruit Punch Spark and Catalyst.  



Breakfast was 2% Fage, chia seeds, and a big blob of nati peanut butter.  Yum.   Do you guys know about chia seeds?   If not, you need them asap.  And here's why.  Tons of omegas, good protein and good fiber.   An easy way to add in lots of fabulousness to your diet with not a lot of effort.   I typically buy the Trader Joe's brand, which is a little over $4 for a fairly decent sized bag.




I also had 3 (unpictured) Omegaplex with this.


Around 9:30, I had this.   So yeah, basically more peanut butter and an apple.  I don't hide it.  My love affair with PB that is.   My general rule of thumb is a smear of PB on every other bite.   And by smear, I probably mean small blob.  Otherwise,  it would be ugly.  Uglier than it already is.




Around 10:30, I had 2 Thermoplus and another Spark.  




Lunch was my favorite Shawarma salad that I've talked about a million times before.   Again, Lavash is the place to be if you are in the 614.    The food is amaze.     I'm pretty much obsessed with this salad, as you guys know. 





When I got home later, I had a Sweet Tart.



And then my beloved Muscle Gain, unsweetened chocolate almond milk, and a ton of ice. 





And THEN,  I had the new V02 Prime!!     My shipment came!




I've been dying!   I had a 6 miler on the schedule today and didn't fit it in this morning with all of the back to school shenans.  So long story short, I saved the run for tonight when the husband got home.   We all know I'm NOT a nighttime/ evening runner.  I love early morning running.  The end.

So I consumed this about 60 minutes before I headed out, as indicated.    And really, I felt good.   Garmin said 6.02 miles in 53:04.    Average of 8:47 min miles which is  good for me, especially for evening running.    Was it a fluke?  We'll see.  

This has a ton of amazing properties (a lot of the same things I love about 02 Gold) and contains 140 cals.  But really,  I would only use this for something over 5 or 6 miles due to the calorie content.   This definitely isn't a snack bar, it's a sports performance bar.     I have a 14 miler training run scheduled for this weekend and definitely plan to play around with this bar and have some good ideas so stay tuned. 




Dinner was steamed broccoli, a sweet potato with olive oil butter and cinnamon (yum!), and rotisserie chicken.   I'm in love with rotisserie chicken, fyi.   Oh and of course a side of  Siraccha.  



That's it for now, friends.  See you back here tomorrow for Thursday Thoughts!










No comments:

Post a Comment