Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Confession. And Some Thursday Thoughts For Good Measure...






Button straight up lifted from my homegirl, Jen.    No big.



  • First things first.   If you are wondering what happened to What I Ate Wednesday yesterday, I'm gonna come clean.    Basically, I had a giant bowl of Cocoa Puffs and Pinot Grigio for dinner.  I know.   And then I got involved in a bunch of #shenans and then just kind of avoided the WIAW situation altogether.   #juskeepingitreal.   My theory on food and eating in general has always been to aim for 85% clean eating and the other 15% is meant for nights like this.  

  • I need an assistant.  Like for real.  Can someone come run my life for a second?  Do me a solid and get everything squared away and I'll resume responsibility. 

  • There are blessings everywhere.  Just have to look.  Tonight, as I watched 3 year old intently pretend like she was playing soccer, while 6 year old was having soccer practice, my heart melted a little.   So simple but she was so little, sweet, innocent, pretty, and in her own little world.  And I really tried to ingrain the whole thing into my mind.  

  • The alarm clock is set for 4:35 a.m. in order for me to get up and run 18 miles before work with some other crazy running people. Yes, I know this sounds certifiably insane to pretty much the entire worlds population.  However, to a small percentage of us, this is totally normal and acceptable behavior.   

  • So by now, you all know that my friends are fairly nutty, kinda like me, and really... just like I like 'em.        Best text of the day....    "I think I did something to my back.  It screams at me when I try to hug my knees."     This is followed by...  "But I can still do cartwheels!?!  What the hell???"                                                                                                                                          I honestly have reason to believe that she sent the first text and then assessed the injury by doing a cartwheel.     Local friends, you can probably guess who the culprit is.  This is legit what I am dealing with here, folks.  



That's all I've got for now, friends.   If you are joining us in our big 24DC (Tuesday is the day!) and haven't been added to my FB group yet, message me at advocarerunner1@gmail.com and I'll get you hooked up, stat.

See ya tomorrow!


-AR















No comments:

Post a Comment