Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Sentiments / Weekend Wrap Up


First of all, how cute is my new Sunday Sentiments button?  Made for yours truly by one of my blogging besties, Jen.




Speaking of blogging besties, I finally got to talk to one on the phone today.   Niki, who I "met" through my little blog just a few months ago is pretty much awesome.  Go check her out, she's seriously amazing at basically everything.  Anyway,  we've emailed, texted, Facebooked, Insta'd, etc.  But today we had a real phone convo and talked about important blog stuff (that is happening soon!) and I kind of love her.   It's too bad she lives far away because I have zero doubt that we would be IRL friends till the end, for sure.   Lucky for me, I do get to meet her IRL when Advo brings their (off the hook) regional training to Columbus, OH in January.    That's right folks, we got lucky.  



The weekend was pretty low key  and filled with all kinds of fun neighborhood shenans.    If you don't have good, funny neighbors who need nothing more than a camp chair to have fun,  I feel sad for you.  This is what dreams are made of.   


What's cuter than 4 kids, 4 and under holding hands?  



Right?  #suburbia 




  Oh and there was a fun block party which involved face painting, a visit from the fire department, a "dance floor" and of course lots of other hilarious shenans. 



Mustaches and Mischief.  It's where it's at.




Photobombers...   There's one in every crowd.





Let's talk about my 14 miler.  Or lack thereof.   So due to work and a bunch of other weekend obligations that would bore you to tears, I couldn't go to MIT with my running posse yesterday.   If you know me, you know I hate this.    So my plan was to bust it out on my own at some point this weekend and well,  that never happened.    I never seemed to find the necessary 2+ hours to get it done.  I just didn't.    Now in my defense, I did log 16 miles between Friday and today (and so did #Runnerdog, I might add).  However, if you are training for a marathon, you follow the schedule and you do your long run in one chunk.  This is super important and I'll tell you why later.   So if you know me, you know my OCD tendencies, and you know this will haunt me.   And if you know me, you know you'll see me out on Sawmill Parkway either tomorrow or Tuesday busting out my 14 because I can't stand it.   #insaneinthemembrane #certifiable #nothingtohide

So yeah, that's what's going on with my 14.



Alright, I'll see you guys back here tomorrow morning for a late summer running playlist post.   Have I really not posted one since May!?  #unaccpetable












1 comment: