Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday!




Once again, linking up with the fabulous Niki and Jenn for WIAW.




I loved hearing that some of you tried my egg/ almond butter get up from last week!  Yes, the thought and looks of this are  NOT pretty but don't knock it till you try it.  

So here we go, yo.


First things first.



Bottoms up.   If you missed why I drink this, you can read about it here.   


Today,  I shook things up and started with the SweetTart along with 3 Catalyst. 



Breakfast was one of my faves.  This only happens when everything aligns perfectly and I have a peanut butter jar with the perfect amount left, just begging for oatmeal.  

Here we have remnants of TJ's natural PB, 1/2 c of steel cut oatmeal, cinnamon, and stevia.   With a side of 3 Omegaplex.  

I cook the oatmeal separately with the cinnamon and splenda.  I then add it to the PB jar.  It basically ends up in a delish, melty mound of PB/ Oatmeal goodness.   And it keeps me full forevs.







Around 11 a.m. was a Spark/ Catalyst on the go.




And then around 11:45, of course another Simple Truth protein bar.  I seriously love these.  Especially for the price.  Kroger- 5 for $4.



Lunch, out of tupperware.  Partially because I'm classy like that but partially because on work days,  I never know if I'm going to be eating on the go, at a restaurant, or at home.   Spinach, strawberries, pepper jack cheese, a boiled egg, hummus, almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette.  Super random, yes.  But I'm a sucker for the sweet/ salty thing.   And sometimes the best salads are the ones with a bunch of randomness thrown in.



Back at the ranch, I had a few slices of watermelon.  #addicted.



Before the gym I had another Spark and 2 Thermoplus.



45 min of HIIT on the arc trainer (kinda like the elliptical, but I hate it less.)     Fyi- a HIIT workout on the arc will have you dripping in sweat.     My knees were barking today and running was outta the question.   HIIT on the arc it was.


Post workout.  Another favorite combo that I've mentioned a million times.

Muscle Gain and unsweetened almond milk.  With a ton of ice, this is an amazing combo.




As I was figuring out dinner,  all hell broke loose.   The 3 year old had the meltdown of  2013 (source of meltdown is still unknown) at the exact same time that #Runnerdog chose to leave a giant stream of pee across the living room carpet.   Now he hasn't had an accident of this caliber since his early days.  And really, the 3 year old hasn't had a meltdown like this possibly ever.  So the combo together was a sight to be seen. 

So I did what any rational mom would do and I poured a glass of Pinot Grigio.  Or Two.



Dinner was baked tilapia with hot sauce (obvi), green beans, and a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon (again..obvi).  





So there you have it.   Riveting, no?


Stay tuned for Thursday Thoughts as well as a long overdue running playlist.

See ya on the flip.








10 comments:

  1. Perhaps I've missed where you've covered this in other posts on your blog as I'm a new reader. But I have to say I was startled when I read you add Splenda to your oatmeal. With all the other organic and healthful choices you make, that kind of surprised me.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, I hear you and no I don't think I've talked about splenda on the blog before. Despite the negative press, in my eyes, the jury kind of still out. There have been so few long term studies that show adverse affects and even those studies show that occasional use shouldn't be harmful. I use splenda so sparingly that I'm really not all that concerned. I obviously love my Spark, which does contain Sucralose, which is technically splenda, but even that is technically a minuscule amount. And really, the same goes for stevia. It's deemed as the "safe" sweetener of the moment but who knows what will come of that in just a few years? I actually tend to use stevia more than splenda when I'm actually adding sweetener into food/drink. But in general I try to do everything in moderation and hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply (and the comment on my blog). I hear what you're saying about moderation and it's a healthy approach. You're right, no long term studies (that have been published anyway), although I do remember a couple of initial studies that were a little less than flattering.

    I guess more than anything for me it feels wrong in my gut (haha), literally and figuratively. It gives me indigestion (albeit less than aspartame) and headaches. Also, it just feels wrong--my gut feeling is that there are no free lunches, no shortcuts without consequences.

    Thanks for your blog, interesting reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many/when do you take Thermoplus? Do you always take it before workouts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I play around with it all the time. lately I've been loving it before workouts but don't necessarily do that when I'm running. I usually stick to 02 Gold. In general I have it between lunch and dinner and always try and have a little snack handy after just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K, thanks! Do you ever drink the post workout recovery? Or always just muscle gain?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do but usually only reserve it for long runs or a long (2 hr) workout. I LOVE PWR but stick to muscle gain for shorter workouts due to the higher calories in PWR. I personally dont think its necessary for me after a short workout. This weekend, I run 14 and am already pumped for my PWR. It really is amazing in aiding in recovery after very intensive activity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for answering my 20 questions :)

    ReplyDelete