Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Shenans and a Clean Recipe


Top 'o the morning,  friends!

Let's just say I was definitely off the wagon from Lean in 13 on Saturday.  NBD.   I planned for it, took my Carb Ease Plus, and had a blast.


In case you don't follow me on the Insta, (Advorunner),  this was my personal pre party pack.  



I hate nothing more than not having somewhere to properly wash my hands.   Clearly, I'm too old to be tailgating if this was my main pre-tailgating concern.     Me + Wet Wipes = True Love Forev.



A couple pics from the day.

It's impossible to not have fun while wearing cowboy boots.   It's a scientific fact.



Exhibit A on why I needed the Wet Wipes.   I seriously LOVE that a blow up Brutus is photobombing this picture.





And the hubs and I.  And of course the Title Boxing Club "bus" as our backdrop.   That's how we roll.






Eric and Kenny were awesome, despite a pretty big rain delay.  Well worth the wait.




Do you guys know about Texas Caviar???


Oh Mylanta.  Someone brought this to our feast on Saturday and I immediately turned around and made a version for a BBQ at my mom's last night.

Definitely highly addicting.

I took several recipes and combined them into this.... 

For my challengers, this is 24 Day Challenge friendly in my book.


Advocare friendly Texas Caviar

2 cans of rinsed black beans
2 cans of rinsed black eyed peas
2 cans of rinsed white corn
1 can green chilis
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 c chopped cilantro
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar (!!!)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 c powdered stevia
2 tsp sea salt
black pepper 


The longer this marinates together, the better.  It's meant to be served with tortilla chips but its just as amazing as a side dish, which is how I had it last night.    It would be delish on top of chicken or pork.    Next time I am planning to add avocado.      The original recipe calls for sugar, which I obviously subbed out for stevia.   As you can see, this recipe is pretty clean, high in fiber, and high in protein. 



On the blog agenda this week:

A Lean in 13 update
A pretty cool running related giveaway
So What Wednesday!
And if we get our act together, a joint post from my girl Niki and I.

Don't miss it!











7 comments:

  1. Wait a minute, I didn't know they made Skinny Girl singles?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I can only find em at Target. Aren't they ADORABLE?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you at the tailgate. I brought a bag of carrots and snowpeas and hummus to snack on (and 3 bud lights and my carb-ease). I brought my carrots in with me (you can only imagine the look on their face when I asked if I could bring them in, as I was munching carrots at the time). My friend said she saw several people walk by and comment on me and my carrots - but hey, gotta do what we gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, that is funny! My phone died before we headed into concert so hope I didn't miss your text. Hope you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mini skinny girls?!?!? I seriously need to get my butt to target to buy those things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try the recipe out!! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete