Saturday, July 20, 2013

Things You Need. July Edition



I love these posts and love sharing my favorite recent obsessions with all of you.  





1.   First and foremost,  you need to run to the Gap as fast as possible.

You need these running shorts.   And you need them in every color.   These are the GapFit gStride Sprint shorts.




It's no secret that I discriminate against running shorts and usually only run in Lulu.   However, one of my running mama's mentioned these the other day and I had to see for myself.   Oh. Em. Gee.  They are so lightweight that you pretty much forget you're wearing clothes.  In this heat, that's what we are going for.    They are also super flattering and create no muffin top (something I hate about Nike Tempo's and other various non-Lulu shorts out there).     Oh and they are $29.95 full price and on sale constantly.  I have 3 pair and have never paid more than $20 per pair.     I should mention that they run big so definitely size down.   But yeah,  get there.  Stat.




2.  Another thing I'm obsessed with is this Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer.   


I picked this up on a total whim at Target the other day as a result of being out of my beloved Urban Decay.  I had no time to run to Sephora so figured I would give this a try.   What a steal.   Rimmel = $5.99.  Urban Decay = $22.00    Looks like I'm winning.      I turn into a real grease monkey by afternoon and absolutely have to have a waterproof liner or  I take on a Britney (the Cheeto's era) look.
This stuff definitely did the trick and saved me a few beans in the meantime.    Can't believe it but Rimmel> Urban Decay.



3.   Now this is nothing new but I feel like every time I mention PB2, people are curious.  So here's the deal.   




This is basically a powder made of peanuts.   The oil and fat are pressed out of regular old peanuts to get this delicious powdery goodness.   It is absolutely amazing in smoothies.  Period.   The bottom line is,  I crave the delicious taste and texture of peanut butter in my smoothies on the reg.  However, to get the desired flavor, I seriously need to load that baby up with 1,000 calories of real peanut butter.   With approx. 3 tablespoons of this (which is roughly 100 calories), I get a very similar effect.   I put it in my Muscle Gain shake constantly.  It's seriously delish.  You can get it at Whole Paycheck or Amazon, if you don't want to drive 5 miles to WP like me.







Holy crap, I love this stuff.  I'm all about  spf but hate the pasty look from lotion/cream and am not a huge fan of the aerosol sprays.   Mainly because I feel like they are basically shooting carcinogens out there for everyone to breath.      I still use the lotions/ creams on my kids but LOVE this stuff for myself.   It also gives a super fabulous glow and just makes you look healthy and almost a little tan, if you will.  All the while you are spf protected.   Again, everybody wins.







We all know I'm obsessed with baths.  I take one every single night and these are an awesome special treat.    We were lucky enough to have a LUSH store finally open at our local mall and I couldn't be more thrilled.   Everything in the store is beautiful eye candy but the bombs and melts have always been a true favorite.  





And lastly, this is not something that I possess but fear that I may in the near future.  Someone stop me.

Here I am, minding my own beeswax, when on comes this infomercial for the air curler!  Obviously I was sucked in less than 8 seconds. 



How ridiculous is this??  Yes, I somehow feel the need to try it.   They claim beautiful, perfect curls with no damage.  Oh and in just minutes!  Go fig.   I wish it would hurry up and make it to the CVS $9.99 "as seen on TV" area because that's the only was I can justify making it mine.












2 comments: