Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chifauxtle!...An Easy 24 Day Challenge Friendly Recipe



First of all,  my free entry to the Columbus full and half marathon contest ends tomorrow!  Go enter, stat!


Secondly, I am about to share one of my fave 24 Day Challenge friendly recipes.   This concoction is about as easy as they come.  It's filled with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.   It's seriously delish and very filling, to boot.

Thirdly, I apologize in advance for my photography skills.  I even have a fancy camera and everything.  However, I just can't be bothered and would rather snap an Iphone pic and call it good.  Some day when I have a fancy blog, I will do something about my little photography problem. 

Without further ado...

We have

Chifauxtle.

Get it?  Faux Chipotle!!!    (Don't hate)
This somehow contains that delicious Mexican flava flav that I crave on the reg, but with minimal damage.   Hence, the name Chifauxtle.






Ingredients


1 bag of organic quinoa
2 cups organic vegetable broth
1 cup water
2 cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
2 can garbanzo or black beans (I used garbanzo as we were out of black.  Again, rinsed and drained)
1/2 large red onion (finely diced)
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
1/4 cup olive oil



For topping

Avocado!!!
Cilantro!!! (We were out!  I almost cried. Don't let this happen to you.  You need cilantro. Trust)
Sriracha!!!!!  



Directions

Bring quinoa to a boil in vegetable broth and water.   After quinoa is successfully boiling, reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for approx. 12- 15 minutes.   Strain any additional liquid.  Typically, there is very minimal to none left.  
Add in beans, onion, pinch of sea salt, many turns of the black pepper mill, and olive oil.   Toss together, cover for about 5 min. on lowest heat possible.


Top with the delicious toppings above and hoss down. 


So. Easy.


---Make sure you watch your portion size, especially if you are on the challenge.  I recommend measuring  out 1 cup prior to adding toppings.    With 1/4 avocado, this  should have about 400-450 calories if measured out properly.   Not bad for a complete, clean meal. 
---This recipe makes a huge amount.   We can get several meals out of this.    It's super easy to pack for lunches, etc.   The longer is melds together, the better it is.



Stay tuned for So What Wednesday bright and early!


















4 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow YUM!! Can't wait to try this. Do you ever use any other seasonings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried this Saturday night...super easy and delicious! I cut the recipe in half and still had a lot of leftovers! Definitely adding this into the reg routine :)

    ReplyDelete