Monday, June 10, 2013

Ridiculously easy, clean, low carb protein pancakes



How's that for a title?


I know these aren't pretty but they totally hit the spot today when I was craving something sweet and "comfort" food-ish, probably due to the current monsoon outside.


Ingredients:

8 scoops of Chocolate Muscle Gain
2 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1 mashed banana
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 packet of stevia

Toppings of choice...I chose natural PB and cinnamon.  Duh.

Step 1.  


Stir all above ingredients in a mixing bowl and find a cute assistant to help you stir it all together.  


   


This combo is a match made in heaven, which is probably partially why I loved these so much.





Step 2.   Fire up the griddle.  I used a heaping tablespoon for each pancake, which made decent silver dollar sized pancakes.  These cook basically identical to normal pancakes.   Bubbling and all.




Step 3.  Top and enjoy.   Of course, I never pass up a chance to top something with PB so this was a no brainer for me.   I also sprinkled with cinnamon.   However, these would definitely be delicious just plain and on the go.    They have almost a cake/ muffin texture and were very filling.   Not to mention that my kids mowed them down.   


Aside from the banana, there are very minimal carbs, and basically less than 1 added sugar per pancake.

If you aren't familiar with Muscle Gain, you need it immeed.

Check out the stats.


It is certainly one of my top 5 favorite Advo products and one that I use daily.  I use it in my morning spinach smoothie or for mid morning snack, mixed with the unsweetened chocolate almond milk and tons of ice.    Oh, and I have made numerous recipes with it, some of which I have blogged about.   


Lots of fun posts coming up this week so stay tuned!

  




3 comments:

  1. I love muscle gain. I get spoiled by PWR being so delicious - I'm going to try MG with the almond milk. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the muscle gain gluten free? I have celiac disease and have to stay away from all gluten. Thanks so much. I found your blog today and am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the muscle gain gluten free? I have celiac disease and have to stay away from all gluten. Thanks so much. I found your blog today and am hooked.

    ReplyDelete