Monday, June 24, 2013

Lean in 13...Here we go, yo!




If you missed my original Lean in 13 post, you can read about it here.   This plan is all based on fat burning and carb cycling. 





Day 1.


Let's get down to bid-nass.


Today is considered a BURN, which means we go easy on the carbs.     It will go a little something like this.


Before breakfast, we have our Spark and Catalyst, per usual.   We also have our first MNS pack as well  as 1-3 Thermoplus, which I love.


Breakfast is the Meal Replacement Shake, mixed only with water.   As you know, I often mix Muscle Gain with unsweetened almond milk.  I have also been known to do this with the Meal Replacement Shake as well.   This is a no-non on L13 as it messes up the ratios of the Meal Replacement Shake for ultimate fat burning and stable blood sugars.   We also take our "with food" MNS pack here.



Mid Morning Snack consists of 1/4 cup of raw or dry roasted nuts.  I'm planning to do almonds.



30 minutes before lunch, we take our last MNS pack.  You can also have more Catalyst and Thermoplus here.  


Lunch for me today will be a grilled chicken breast (grilled last night) on top of a giant veggie salad (no dairy), topped with balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and pepper. 


Afternoon snack  will be a serving Muscle Gain, which I love and already do on the reg.


45 minutes before dinner, we have Leptilean for ultimate appetite and craving control that is designed to carry us through the evening.


Dinner will be Salmon and broccoli.


IMPORTANT

Eat ALL 5 meals and snacks.
Space meals and snack at least 2.5 hours apart.
Avoid waiting longer than 4 hours without eating.  DO NOT do this.  You'll be starving and you'll make a bad choice.  Trust.
One gallon of water.   I know.   However, it's not as hard as it sounds.    You should never be without water.
Every part of the plan is crucial.   The food, the supplements, AND the workouts.  This is definitely more supplements than I take on a normal day.  However, it's only for 13 days and it is a crucial component in obtaining the fat burning and muscle building that this plan is designed to do.  


Exercise

The plan calls for resistance training and interval cardio.   I'm planning on doing 30 minutes of HIIT running on the treadmill as well as about 20 minutes of arms and core, which I'm due for anyway.



So there is day 1 in a nutshell.   I'll do another L 13 post on Thursday when we have our first Refuel day.   

As always, don't hesitate to ask questions on the FB page!










4 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you do measurements or how are you going to judge before/after results?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shana, I did a photo and measurements. I don't really want to lose weight but would love to see more definition and lean down! Stay tuned! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find myself hungry when I run and will generally eat a banana or peanut butter on toast before my runs. Do I skip these runs on burn days?

    ReplyDelete