Thursday, May 16, 2013

Apple cider vinegar and why you need it in your life....




My little IG photo stirred up a plethora of questions this a.m.   Side note, if you aren't on Instagram, we can't be friends.   Please make an account.   You won't even need FB anymore.   You'll find out everything you need to know on the IG.

Anyway, after some inquiries and then a couple of requests to blog about my special concoction, here goes.


The photo that started it all.



Every morning and every evening, I drink this.   And crave it.     It contains 2-3 tbsp of ACV, approx 1/2 c of water,  a hefty shake of tumeric, a shake of cayenne pepper, a huge squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.   I really don't measure anything out.    I also completely made up the recipe but there is a method for my madness.


Apple Cider Vinegar-   I could go on for days about the benefits of ACV but my main reason for drinking it is vanity related, not gonna lie.     I have fought a long, hard battle with my skin since the first day of 7th grade.   My skin is nowhere near flawless but I definitely notice a significant difference in clarity and less clogged pores when I'm on the ACV religiously.   

It is also amazing for digestion, energy, heart health, and some research even says cancer prevention.    


Here is the kind you want.



You want organic, unfiltered with "the mother."    


Tumeric-  It's no secret that aside from Advocare, I work for Hospice.  Nothing will make you fear cancer more than seeing how many people are terribly affected first hand, especially ones that are my age.      I always add tumeric to my drink  as it has been shown to help the body fight cancer causing cells as well as help the body to eliminate mutated cells that may or may not turn into cancer.    In  countries where tumeric is broadly used  (India and many middle eastern countries) cancer risks are lower.     It's true.   I figure it's an easy addition to my diet so why not?


Lemon-  I've drank lemon water as a means to flush out toxins for  years.   It only made sense that I added it to my drink.


Cayenne Pepper-   Cayenne pepper reportedly boosts metabolism and decreases appetite.  It too has been rumored to contain cancer fighting properties.


Cinnamon-  This is more for taste.   However, cinnamon is excellent for regulating blood sugars.   


So there you have it.   Yes, my family practically gags watching me drink this concoction.   6 year old plugs her nose when she walks in the room while I'm drumming one of these up.    However, I love it, crave it, and love the effects.    I didn't have my drink at all last week while on vacay, and had concocted one about 3 minutes upon our arrival home.   

Oh and for the record, my mom was having horrendous issues with indigestion.   I've had her on the ACV for almost two weeks and nada!   She is amazed. 

    Don't worry if you think the taste of ACV is disgusting.  Most do at first.   Start out with a very small amount and work your way up.  I definitely think it's an acquired taste.  

Lastly, Here is a great little list of 10 easy ways to use ACV.    




9 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer!
    What time of day do you drink this? Before spark in the AM?
    Thanks!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, it depends. If I work out early in the morning, I do Spark/ Catalyst and then do the ACV later. (usually before I eat). If I don't work out first thing, I do ACV and then Spark/ Catalyst about 30 min later. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your post on ACV and have been trying it for about a week, just want to clarify that you use Tablespoons not teaspoons?? So far I have been doing teaspoons and figured I would work my way up. Honestly it is not too bad. :) I have added a little honey and have even been using the ACV as an astringent on my face. I have the acne of a 15 year old- #workoutproblems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer! Do you drink ACV while on the 10 day cleanse? Thanks for the tips! I love this blog and have forwarded it to several friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. complete lfe saviour for me from heart problems cropped

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know this probably won't matter to most people BUT you should add a little side note that turmeric should not be consumed by people who have ulcers. i learned the hard way and after some research, i found out that people who have ulcers should not consume turmeric. just a lil fyi...to cya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good sharing, for healthy purpose, apple cider vinegar (ACV) helps to boost metabolism, blocks the body’s storage of dietary fat plus breaks down and dissolves existing body fat. A study at Australia’s University of Sydney in which subjects who consumed two tablespoon of ACV daily experienced fewer surges and crashes in blood sugar levels. Read more at:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/apple-cider-vinegar-acv-helps-to-boost-metabolism/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar ACV cocktail. I include a scoop of fruit punch spark. Take it in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Just sharing some knowledge back with ya girl! haha
    I've read that you REALLY need to take a little bit of pepper with Turmeric, if you do it increases your bodies ability to absorb it by like 200% or something crazy like that!
    Im going to try this crazy little cocktail myself! Thanks girl

    ReplyDelete