Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just a couple of easy peasy snacks...

We are on Day Two here in 24 Day Challenge land.     If you haven't been added to our FB group, please email me and I'll get you added asap.  

Here are a couple of my favorite Challenge friendly snacks.  Healthy, yet they both somehow feel indulgent.  




Organic brown rice cakes with almond butter and sprinkled with plain cinnamon.  Seriously, TDF.   If you are on the first 10 days (cleanse portion), definitely limit rice cakes to 1-2 per day.   



These are the rice cakes that I use and they can be purchased at Giant Eagle or Kroger in the health food section,  and of course Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.   They are the cheapest at Trader Joes.  They are on sale for $3.49 this week at Kroger if you are closer to a Kroger.   




Here is my favorite almond butter to top these babies with.   Trader Joe's creamy unsalted.  You can't beat the price and the quality of this AB.  We always have this in the house.  Challenge or no challenge. 



My next snack may not look the most appetizing but I assure you, it's amazing.   I give you unsweetened cocoa powder/ splenda covered strawberries.    I can thank my friend Mary for this little creation as she made this up on a whim when she had a craving for chocolate covered strawberries.  


In a ziploc, I mix a couple tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hersheys) and a few light sprinkles of splenda.   Gently shake washed and dried strawberries and serve.  Two seconds and decadent.   You could do this with raspberries, frozen banana slices, etc.    
Check out the stats on unsweetened cocoa powder.  There is nothing to it, considering the flavor and fiber that it packs.  

Nutrition Information

Kosher Status: OU
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
Total Calories
10
Calories from Fat
5
Amount Per Serving%DV *
Total Fat 0.5g1%
   Saturated Fat 0g0%
   Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg0%
Sodium 0mg0%
Total Carbohydrate 3g1%
   Dietary Fiber 2g8%
   Sugars 0g
Protein 1g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 10%



Sounds like everyone is doing great so far!   
Stay tuned for So What Wednesday bright and early!





2 comments: