Thursday, April 25, 2013

A clean cookie recipe and my current running playlist



When craving a sweet treat but want to stay on track, this is an excellent substitute. 
Sugar is NOT an added ingredient, which is key.  

3 mashed bananas (ripe)
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 cups of oatmeal
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp splenda
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts (or nuts of choice)

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes

I have made several variations of these cookies and have gone so far as to add 1/4 cup of very dark chocolate chips (when not on challenge).   A couple of these definitely hit the spot when you are craving something sweet but are really trying to be "good."  Just be careful with portions.  Just because they are technically clean, doesn't mean eating half of the batch won't sabotage weight loss plans.   They actually freeze really well which is usually what I do in order to avoid having 12 cookies starting at me. 


And now on to my latest running playlist....

Little Bad Girl-David Guetta (Love, love, love this song)
Walk- Foo Fighters
Pour It Up- Rihanna
My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)-  Fall Out Boy
Wagon Wheel- Darius Rucker
Feel This Moment- Pitbul and Christina A.
Scream & Shout- will.i.am and Britney
Just Give Me a Reason- PINK  (obsessed)
All Over You- Live
I Don't Wanna Be in Love- Good Charlotte
Best of You- Foo Fighters
Raise Your Glass- PINK (on every playlist)
Get on the Floor- JLo (and Pitbul)
Everlong- Foo Fighters
Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?- Thompson Square
Work It- Missy Elliot
Don't Stop Believing- Journey
Summer of 69- Bryan Adams
Be the Girl- Aslyn
One of Those Nights-Tim McGraw
Highway Don't Care-Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift
Till I Collapse- Eminem- (on every playlist)
Cool-Gwen Stefani
Everytime- Britney Spears (club mix)
What You Waiting For?- Gwen Stefani
Independence Day-Martina McBride
OMG- Usher and will.i.am

There ya have it.  And if anyone is looking to get me a present anytime soon, an ITunes gift card would be great, mmmkay?   Cuz ITunes and I are tight and Itunes is clearly making me 'po as I can't seem to control myself from downloading 10 songs a day... Just kidding. (Kind of)








1 comment:

  1. These cookies look awesome! I'll def try them. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete