Monday, March 18, 2013

24 Day Challenge Countdown



And that about sums it up.  Sounds crazy but I'm actually glad it's Monday.  My poor body is yearning for veggies.    This weekend entailed way too many empty carbs, too much grease and booze and not enough sleep and water.    This morning I look like a haggard shriveled up apple.

I did get up at the crack of dawn to hit a hot power yoga class.   When the alarm clock went off and I heard the rain, I REALLY wanted to turn it off and crawl back in bed.   However, I was meeting friends and when I say I'm going to do something, I do it.  Truly, that's the only thing that got me there.    The good news is, I am already feeling better after a good sweat and some hydration.

Which brings me to my next point.  The 24 Day Challenge!

Our last group challenge which took place in January consisted of 97 challengers!     That's right.  97!  All in the same boat, with the same goal.    We had a private FB group where we talked about snack ideas, when to take what supplements, recipes, and talk each other off the ledge when one of us was at risk of downing a pint of Ben and Jerry's.  You know, just lots of good support.   My plan is for our next challenge to be bigger and better.

For those of you who have never joined in, you don't want to miss it.    We start on Monday April 8th.

What IS the challenge, you ask?    It is a 24 Day program that is designed to kick start your weight loss, increase ENERGY, and give your body a thorough cleansing from toxins which enables you to better absorb nutrients from your foods and supplements.     It is also excellent for helping to break a plateau if you still have weight to lose and are at a stand still.   If you do not have weight to lose, I assure you will gain energy, see clearer skin, and feel much lighter around the mid section.

I do the challenge every 90 days (as recommended) and have been doing so since I had baby #2 back in May 2010.   I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have never felt better!

This is what it all looks like



The Challenge is comprised of two parts-



The 10 Day Cleanse

This is obviously the first 10 days of the challenge.     This phase is all about cleansing your body of toxins, restoring the good bacteria in your gut, and preparing your body for optimal nutrition.   You will be eating clean, minimally processed foods.    You'll be given detailed instructions, a grocery list of approved foods, and lots of support and guidance.   You will avoid coffee, dairy, and alcohol during the 10 days.    As mentioned in the past, the Spark drink does contain a bit of caffeine so there are no headaches if you are concerned about giving up coffee.    This cleanse is very gentle, yet effective so you should experience NO bathroom emergencies.

Average weight loss during this phase is 5-12 pounds.


After your 10 day cleanse, the plan loosens up a bit as we move into the-


14 Day Max Phase


You will continue eating as clean as possible, while allowing some dairy, alcohol, and coffee in moderation.  You will likely be surprised at these foods and beverages not tasting nearly as good as they did prior to the cleanse.

You will continue with your Spark as well as choosing one of the three MNS packs.   MNS stands for Metabolic Nutrition System.   The packs contain all of your necessary vitamins, minerals, probiotics, and omegas but also contain additional ingredients to help with your specific health and wellness goals.


MNS E-   Geared towards keeping your energy up and revving your metabolism as you continue to    lose weight.
MNS 3-   Geared towards overall wellness, energy, and appetite control.
MNS C-   Geared towards maximum appetite control.

I typically have people start out with MNS 3 if they are brand new to the challenge as it is a good, yet  more subtle combination of E and C.

You will also substitute one meal per day with the Meal Replacement Shake.   Most people use this for breakfast.  The shakes are actually delish and contain the perfect ratios of carbs, protein and fats.  It's going to set your metabolism for the day, keep you feeling full and keep your blood sugar stable.  I drink one at some point almost every day of my life.

The shakes comes in:

Vanilla
Chocolate
Chocolate Mocha ( my fave)
Berry
Dark Chocolate (non dairy/ vegetarian formula)


Not included in the challenge is Catalyst which is probably my all time favorite product.  I've talked about it here.  LOVE, love, love Catalyst and it has been instrumental in helping to change the look of my body.

Other than that, everything comes in the bundle seen here.

If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to email me- advocarerunner1@gmail.com.

You have 3 weeks to prepare, you will have an abundance of  support, and will feel AMAZING when we are done.  PROMISE!

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! Love it! I am a runner as well and use Advocare as well! I do have a question for you tho as I only started Advocare in Feb..Do you still see the same kind of results on the challenge, or is it more to clean your system out now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I'm contemplating the 24 day challenge, but I can't have gluten (wheat, barley, oats, etc by products) do you have suggestions to modify? Have you experienced any other consumers with this same question? Have they had reactions? Sorry for the 5 thousand questions....but I'm curious! (And excited about the possibility!)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete