Monday, February 25, 2013

How I start my day...


For those of you who know me, you know how I start my day.  For those of you who don't, giddy up.  This is what happens up in here approximately 6 out of 7 days.


It goes a little something like this.   Within about 5 min. of waking or as soon as I can stumble to the kitchen,  I mix up a Spark and take 3 Catalyst.   If I was on top of things the night before, I have this all laid out.     Within 5-10 minutes I'm a full functioning human.

 

What's so magical about this combination, you ask?   Well for starters it will kick start your day in a way with a vengeance in about 8 minutes.    You'll feel a little energy kick but will also feel good and dare I say... a bit happy? In the morning?  It's true.     Spark  is packed to the gills with B Vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to provide a healthy, balanced source of energy.   It's sugar free and only 45 calories.  It contains 120 mg of SLOW release caffeine so no jitters or shakes.   And lastly, it improves mental focus.   Oh and it tastes delish.  In the winter, I drink my morning spark hot but drink it cold the remainder of the time.  

Next we have Catalyst which just may be my very favorite Advo product of all.  I take this any time I drink a Spark and before I work out.   This is an amino acid supplement that is designed to help you maintain muscle mass.   Basically, it protects your muscle while you are in weight loss mode but it also gives you a look of being "lean."    It has allowed me to gain definition that I had never seen before, despite working my tail off and doing many of the very same workouts.   LOVE, love, love Catalyst.


At this point, I either go work out or I dilly dally around, planning my day and getting the kiddos ready.      I then bust out the blender and get ready for this simple, yet divine concoction.   Don't be scared.


Here we have:
2 cups of organic spinach
1.5 cups of original Almond Milk,
a frozen banana (this is important)
and

Blend it all up (add a little water if it appears too thick) and you get this beauty.  


I realize this may look frightening to some of you but I assure you, it is so delicious.  You truly can't taste the nutrient packed spinach.  The combo of the Muscle Gain,   which is an extremely high quality pre digested protein, accompanied with the frozen banana gives you a frothy, milkshake-like consistency.  No joke.   This will fill you up, cost you about 350 calories and packs in close to 30 grams of protein.  Oh, and you are basically ingesting a green salad without even thinking about it.  At breakfast.    Dr. Oz would be thrilled.   








7 comments:

  1. I just finished the 24 day challenge and love to run...what combo of items would you suggest I do now? I really still want to get rid of inches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy, I would stay on the max phase (last 14 days of challenge) until you get where you want to be. Then you'll likely need to play around with supplements just a bit for maintenance.

      Delete
  2. Howdy! Is the MG in your morning smoothie above choc or vanilla? I'm trying to decide which flavor to buy first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, this one was chocolate but I also use vanilla regularly as well. Love them both!

      Delete
  3. Hi there!
    I am day 3 of the cleanse phase and so far everything seems to be going great! I do have a few questions though...
    -Can I have scrambled eggs instead of hard boiled?
    -My coach/distributor told me to do 1 catalyst 3x a day but I have been reading that I should take 3 pills 2x a day. Is this something that I should switch immediately?
    -I have committed to going to a banquet at a Japanese Steakhouse. I have called ahead to ask about their food and they do not serve brown rice. In this case, what do I do? All meals come with rice as a side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!
    I am day 3 of the cleanse phase and so far everything seems to be going great! I do have a few questions though...
    -Can I have scrambled eggs instead of hard boiled?
    -My coach/distributor told me to do 1 catalyst 3x a day but I have been reading that I should take 3 pills 2x a day. Is this something that I should switch immediately?
    -I have committed to going to a banquet at a Japanese Steakhouse. I have called ahead to ask about their food and they do not serve brown rice. In this case, what do I do? All meals come with rice as a side!

    ReplyDelete